At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
Do you want to help build a brand and business with customer insight at its heart? Do you want to be the voice of the customer in the business? Do you want to help develop and grow our brand? We’re seeking an impactful, smart and energetic marketer to help connect the dots across marketing and transform the long term growth of the business.
- We are looking for a full time employee to join our team in a critical role to the business.
- Reporting to the CMO, you will take overall responsibility for the customer at carwow and the creation of an integrated marketing strategy.
- You will be responsible for setting the customer centric agenda, using a variety of data sources to be that focal point for the business. That will be customer service, quant data from within the business, our segmentation analysis and also user research we conduct on a regular basis. Contextualising that, packaging it into digestible format and then disseminating across the business will be a key way to win in this role.
- The areas of responsibility stretches across multiple different customer-facing aspects of the business, both onsite and offsite. By using user-research or other marketing channels, you will actively test different ways to express our proposition for different audiences at different part of the journey, including product, CRM and performance marketing (and working with the respective leaders of these areas).
- You will also partner with the CMO on the creation of a more balanced marketing strategy for the business. We’re looking to create higher converting audiences for carwow by priming them in advance with marketing investment. We’re also looking for someone to maintain high standards in a new brand identity and be the internal exponent/guardian of the carwow brand.
- On a day to day basis you will work closely with the whole marketing team horizontally. That means you may be involved in helping the CRM team to develop copy for emails based on consumer insights or working with product teams to use different copy at different points of the consumer journey. You will work with the performance marketing team to consider the most motivating ad creative to improve performance of paid marketing. You will create campaigns and connect together with PR or SEO to align into one central plan.
- You will have day to day responsibility for working with our media and creative agencies on the journey towards the right balance between performance and brand marketing.
- The role is new to carwow and will need to embody a start-up mindset; it’s likely the right candidate will need to flex their workload and time to work on a variety of projects yet retain laser focussed on delivery on time. We have a very strong bias to action.
- We will grow this team over time. Our business retains (at all levels) a strong ‘player manager’ mentality. We require a ‘sleeves rolled up’ attitude and the right candidate won’t envisage themselves as a thinker-only; it’s both action and strategy.
- This role forms the backbone of the evolution of the carwow marketing team away from siloes and towards a joined-up, connected team with customer at the core.
- Be the voice of the customer, informed by different data sources, in the business. Package that knowledge and help deploy across different consumer-facing parts of the carwow experience.
- Partner with the CMO to create a balanced marketing strategy and manage agency relationships.
- Own the brand and be the long term guardian (along with Principle Designer).
- Work cross-functionally to help others think about brand and the customer during product/propositional developments.
- Experience working in marketing in a high growth, start-up/scale-up setting
- Deep desire to make things better by creating marketing that appeals to our target audience/s. Experience driving change internally within a business using customer insight/data as a marketer.
- Hugely passionate about people and making our business customer-centric throughout the experience
- Believe in the power of creativity
- Very strong bias to action, thinking smartly at pace is vital
- Builds relationships easily and effortlessly
- Able to talk confidently and intelligently about commercial and marketing strategy
- Confident presenter and able to get (sometimes) complex strategies across to everyone
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, marketing or business discipline or equivalent
Our ideal candidates will also have:
- Developed brand marketing campaigns before (broadcast, print, sponsorships)
- Experience working with the ASA
- An understanding of performance and digital marketing and how customer insight can help improve the performance of these areas (including PPC, digital/social ads, SEO and CRM)
- Experience working fast and without a concrete plan; you’ll need to help build one
- Able to interpret and analyse data easily, qual and quant.
- Self starting experience and able to thrive in an environment not yet full of process
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- International experience - German and Spanish would be beneficial but not essential
- Have a general interest in cars and the auto market, but it’s not a requirement, there’s actually very few car geeks at carwow.
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).