At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
As part of the Trading team, you will strive to create and maintain a healthy marketplace with the perfect mix of supply, demand and information to maximise short and long-term performance at carwow.
The team is cross-disciplinary and you will interact with a wide range of other teams in the business such as Partnership Management, Data, Product and Marketing. Using your entrepreneurial instincts and exceptional analytical capability, you will become an expert at understanding the dynamics of the carwow marketplace. You will apply this commercial knowledge of the carwow marketplace in using the various levers available to drive change as required to.
You will have responsibility from the start, managing and optimising the performance of several car brands on carwow, using your deep understanding to drive improvement in performance, both regarding sales and conversion. You will also take on one or more specialisms within the team, which could range from leading the monthly sales forecasting process to prioritising the weekly marketing email campaigns or leading internal consultative projects. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to progress quickly within the team.
The role requires the ability to juggle and prioritise strategic, project-based initiatives with shorter-term trading imperatives. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Building a complete understanding of your assigned car brands’ strengths and weaknesses as well as any other marketplace dynamics which will help or hinder performance
- Shape and execute the long and short term strategy for your brands, supported by the Head of Trading
- Use your commercial understanding to know which levers to pull to benefit your brands and areas of specialism to achieve your objectives
- Distil complex information into clear, prioritised actionable insight for various senior internal and external stakeholders
- Over time, contributing to carwow’s strategic direction and evolution of the Trading team
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, basketball, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).