Cleo's an AI assistant that helps over 1,000,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money. She is a fun and engaging personality that talks to you like a real person to help; track spending, set budgeting goals, auto saving money, helping avoid overdraft charges and a whole lot more. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla
Watch this to dive a little deeper
In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 35, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 1,000,000 users. We’re building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12-18 months
This is an exciting opportunity to have critical impact on how we develop our product and team. You’ll take the lead in scaling our internal processes, jumping on new initiatives as we expand our offering.
What you’ll work on:
- Scaling operations
- Manage relationships with suppliers and partners to make sure we get the best out of our relationships as the company scales, forecasting out financial scenarios to support critical business decisions.
- Put in the systems and processes that we need as we scale, to serve our team and customers well
- Regulation + product -> We want to provide the best possible service to our customers, acting as industry leaders in putting customer interests first as we navigate our regulatory landscape. This will entail interacting with our regulator, devising and communicating how we work and innovate in the industry.
- Special projects -> Our user base and team are growing, fast, as is our product feature set. Special projects on new ventures will form a key part of this role, with international expansion in full flight and fundraising around the corner.
What are we looking for?
- Have at least 3 years of experience in an business operations or consulting role
- Are data-driven; SQL, or ability to learn it quickly, ideal
- Have experience in market research, and knowledge of our industry space
- Can take vaguely defined problems, define and solve them fast, and execute on your solutions at pace
- Are a consummate prioritiser
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Are organised, and have great attention to detail
How long will all of this take?
- A quick phone call with our COO to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- A short exercise to prepare at home
- Onsite interview:
- Present and discuss your exercise with the exec team
- Work through an interesting problem together
- Meet the CEO and COO
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone