Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 150 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re looking for a Financial Controller in our Finance & Operations team to support with the exciting growth of our business. In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Financial Controller and Finance Director to help build out the company's financial processes.
We’re currently helping build one of the most dynamic and well-funded startups in the London tech scene. Sound like your thing?
- Lead the month end reporting schedule, year end accounts as well as all financial and accounting submissions
- Lead all tax compliance related work including submissions.
- Deliver timely and accurate management accounts on a monthly basis and to streamline the delivery process so that the process is as efficient as possible.
- Manage the monthly preparation, posting and analysis of journal entries for bookkeeping purposes
- Work with business stakeholder teams to analyse the financial impact of campaigns and costs.
- Ad-hoc project work including process improvements, standardisation and cost reduction analysis for teams.
- Ideally 2 years post qualified within either ACCA, ACA or CA
- Solid working experience with Xero financial management system
- Excellent management, accounting and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills, including the ability to build well-controlled spreadsheets and financial models. Additional skills with pivot tables and formulas is a bonus.
- Experience in reviewing month end journals
- Enjoy working with numbers with a detail-oriented mindset
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Be comfortable presenting ideas to senior stakeholders and management
- Ability to critically challenge team members to deliver the best outcome for the finance department
- Previous experience within an Ecommerce or Startup business
- Team management
- Working knowledge of Net suite or Spendesk
- Identifying and on-boarding a new technology within a firm
Now we're talking. We have stylish offices near Old Street and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team.
There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, discounted Gym, healthy snacks in the kitchen, finish-early Fridays, team nights out, yoga and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.