Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 150 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Head of Fraud Prevention to lead our Fraud & Content Moderation teams in their mission to maintain the safety of our platform and ensure a smooth user experience.
Our Moderation team protects the Depop platform and its users by ensuring we minimise the occurrence of fraud, abuse and prohibited content whilst also educating good users when they make a mistake. The Moderation team works hard to find and remove rule-breakers from our platform, especially as Depop grows beyond our 3.5m new monthly listings. They’re also responsible for responding to users, regarding policy and removal of items.
We’re looking for an experienced operator with strong, strategic leadership experience to focus on the continuous improvement, whilst maintaining an informed vision of industry developments so that we’re in a position to safeguard ourselves & work faster with more volume.
You’ll manage a fantastic team of agents and leads (both on & offshore) whose ultimate goal is to ensure consistent trust & safety on Depop. There is a huge amount of cross-functional work, working with our Head of Community Support, Machine Learning & Data Science teams, as well as proactive involvement with Marketing & Marketplace development. Reporting to our Director of Operations, this is a great opportunity to lead a team in implementing long-term scalable solutions whilst increasingly making use of ML and tech.
Depop is proud to have a loyal and engaged community in the digital world, so we’re looking for someone who shares our passion for delivering the best experience for our users, without any bias or prejudice. We understand that people can make mistakes, and we’re looking for a commercially balanced leader, who can encourage a user-first experience whilst keeping the community safe.
- Develop an operational plan for our current policies on user-generated content, and how they will need to adapt with further growth.
- Support the team to develop sustainable internal and external policies that are aligned and integrated across the business.
- Build a strategic vision around structure and tooling that will futureproof Depop for increased activity.
- Work cross-functionally to strengthen our internal operations against fraud, particularly within Payments & suspicious activity.
- Identify and implementing data-driven improvements for the team, reducing agent pain points to help us moderate efficiently and at scale
- Create new processes that will keep Depop compliant with international regulation and varying market expectations.
- Manage a growing team of agents, ensuring they have the correct support and resources to succeed in their roles.
- Work with the team on long-term goals for their growth, personal wellbeing and help them measure success.
- Consider long term business goals and team structure change, particularly as our international sales become more prominent.
Reporting to Business / Leadership
- Use information and data to provide regular insights, reporting & presentations, including presenting to the whole business.
- Influence senior leaders and utilise insights to leverage cross functional buy-in for additional efficiencies and development
- Act as a final escalation point in terms of policies, community guidelines and our Terms of Service, whilst ensuring that the wider business is aware of their responsibilities.
- Significant management experience within a Trust/Safety, Fraud, Operations or similar team
- Strong knowledge of digital media & user generated content.
- Excellent analytical skills and great attention to detail, but also able to consolidate information for a wider audience.
- Able to manage large teams for success, whilst focusing on employee care and efficiency
- User-first mentality & high levels of empathy, in all situations.
- Proven experience with establishing new processes & getting buy-in from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, whilst thinking creatively and unafraid to present new ideas
- Experience working for a US audience
- Use of Zendesk and/or other Customer Support tools
- Experience with Payments providers such as Paypal, Stripe, Adyen etc, particularly regarding Fraud reduction.
- SQL/Python technical skills
- Understanding of the GenZ mindset and working with young people
- Exposure to large scale Machine learning or engineering processes for efficiency.
We have stylish offices near Old Street with a relaxed atmosphere and collaborative environment, where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team.
We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, UK pension scheme, healthy snacks in the kitchen, cycle to work scheme, finish-early Fridays, team nights out, yoga, gym discount and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.