Memrise gives people learning superpowers. We aim to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
We were awarded “Best App of 2017” at Google I/O and featured prominently this year at Apple’s WWDC. We work closely with both Google and Apple and are one of the top go-to developer partners when they launch new features on iOS and Android.
We are now hiring a Junior Designer to help us bring our language learning communication to life through playful, bold and empathetic experiences. This is an opportunity to join a growing Communication Design team that is in its first weeks of implementing Memrise’s new brand. We're looking for someone who will bring design excellence, great conceptual thinking, a positive and infectious can-do attitude and some Adobe CC and Sketch skills to the team to help us create, develop and implement our exciting new brand!
What might a typical week might look like?
- Working across a number of different projects types that span In-App messaging, CRM, App-store, digital and web.
- Producing assets that use photography, illustration, layout and typography design.
- Learning the Memrise art direction and helping to source images across a number of different briefs.
- Using your conceptual thought process to present creative solutions to the team.
Ideally, you have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of design principles and related software, including Adobe CC and Sketch.
- A passion for design trends.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- A team player with the ability to give and take constructive criticism.
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch nevertheless. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're above all just as interested in character as in talent!
- A fully paid Memrise account, of course
- Share options, so you can retire on an island
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Flexible working options (time-wise, plus we have standing desks)
- Private health insurance
- Quarterly hackathons
- Breakfast (the most important meal of the day)
- Snacks (the most enjoyable meal of the day)
- A startup-suitable array of teas and coffees
- Language classes with in-office tutors
- Pet friendly office and pet-petting colleagues
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- 50% off a Virgin or Nuffield Health Gym membership
- And plenty more fun you’re welcome to ignore, including: team vacations, painting, meditation, yoga, football, dodgeball, running club, board games, and boxing classes.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. If it’s okay, we’re not going to list examples of people and groups we don’t discriminate against. We don’t discriminate, full stop. We celebrate.