Responsible for the development and implementation of changes to Finance processes and controls
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over £7bn each year for thousands of businesses, and we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms and scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established companies like TripAdvisor use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
We’ve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of UK and Europe and are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will be adding the US early next year) and serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich and of course, London (our HQ).
We’re backed by some of the world’s leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital and Y Combinator.
The Financial Control and Reporting Team
The Financial Control and Reporting is now in an exciting transitional stage with many new projects to get involved in as the company expands. It’s a great time to join the team and we are seeking candidates to develop throughout their training and then onto future opportunities at Gocardless. The team:
- Manages the month end close and management account production
- Ensures that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Has responsibility for ensuring aspects of FCA compliance, including capital adequacy testing
- Manages debt facilities, business bank accounts, fee sweep reconciliations, client money reconciliations, foreign exchange risk, cash flow, Treasury policy related to business funds and maintains relationships with banking institutions and the internal teams, especially Banking Operations
- Has responsibility for the preparation and filing of statutory accounts in the jurisdictions in which we operate
- Manages group and local audits and maintains relationships with auditors and tax advisors
- Manages billing, accounts receivable and payable
- Manages payroll
- Has responsibility for UK & international tax, VAT and corporate structure management, as well as relations with HMRC
- Has responsibility for financial processes and controls
- Has responsibility for financial systems (incl Netsuite)
- The role will report to the Director, Financial Control and Reporting and is responsible for the project management of changes to Finance business processes.
- The role will lead activities to document, analyse and recommend improvements to processes to address control and reporting weaknesses and improve efficiency.
- Initially, the role will manage and represent the requirements of the Finance team in a cross-functional project to implement the process and system changes to support a significant product change. This is expected to include the selection and implementation of a billing system and will address existing reporting and control weaknesses in the order to cash cycle.
- Document and analyse the existing purchase to pay cycle, developing a proposal to address existing weaknesses. Manage stakeholder and management approval and the implementation of process and system changes required to deliver the agreed changes.
- The role has a remit to review and develop all Finance process cycles to the level expected of a public company and is expected to implement mechanisms for the and monitoring of control effectiveness and to manage this on an ongoing basis.
- The business is rapidly expanding into international markets and additional requirements are expected.
What we're looking for
- You are a qualified accountant with over 5 years of PQE
- You have substantial experience (over 5 years) in working in a related role, such as internal audit, project management or Finance systems.
- You have demonstrable experience of success in project management, specifically related to managing the implementation of change to Finance processes.
- You are an effective influencer and thrive in a changing environment.
- You have integrity and an analytical approach.