The Financial Control and Reporting Team
The Financial Control and Reporting is now in an exciting transitional stage with many new projects to get involved in as the company expands. It’s a great time to join the team and we are seeking candidates to develop throughout their training and then onto future opportunities at Gocardless. The team:
- Manages the month end close and management account production
- Ensures that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Has responsibility for ensuring aspects of FCA compliance, including capital adequacy testing
- Manages debt facilities, business bank accounts, fee sweep reconciliations, client money reconciliations, foreign exchange risk, cash flow, Treasury policy related to business funds and maintains relationships with banking institutions and the internal teams, especially Banking Operations
- Has responsibility for the preparation and filing of statutory accounts in the jurisdictions in which we operate
- Manages group and local audits and maintains relationships with auditors and tax advisors
- Manages billing, accounts receivable and payable
- Manages payroll
- Has responsibility for UK & international tax, VAT and corporate structure management, as well as relations with HMRC
- Has responsibility for financial processes and controls
- Has responsibility for financial systems (incl Netsuite)
- Optimise procedures for the daily reconciliation of the fee sweep transactions between Merchant funds and the business bank accounts to the underlying Product reports. Fee sweeps are a combination of: revenue/ revenue credits from payment transactions; funding for chargebacks and refunds; repayment of previous funding made from the business accounts. This process is essential to maintain compliance with safeguarding requirements.
- Perform the daily reconciliations of the fee sweep transactions.
- Working with the Product and Banking Operations teams enhance procedures for the daily reconciliation of client funds and prepare these reconciliations daily.
- Explain variances in daily movements of client funds and business funds
- Manage relationships with lending banks
- Manage relationships with business banking partners in all jurisdictions
- Coordinate hedging policy and operations
- Perform the credit check assessment for a number of prospective Merchants with high value committed revenues.
What we're looking for
- You have substantial experience (over 5 years) in a similar position in an FCA regulated organisation
- You are familiar with FCA requirements relating to the safeguarding of client funds and are experienced in the operation of procedures to ensure compliance with these rules
- You can demonstrate experience in the management of Treasury operations in an international business
- You have implemented complicated reconciliation processes and are proficient with MS Excel
- You have integrity and an analytical approach