Global migration is a 21st-century reality: Whether people are fleeing from something or racing towards better opportunity, finding love or experience new cultures, people are now living side by side in a new way. At Rebtel, we believe in tearing down borders – from the geographical borders that complicate international communication and borderless banking to the cultural borders that keep people divided. We’re on a mission to build products serving the 2 billion modern internationals of the world. We offer work, communication and banking services for anyone crossed a border:
Our team mirrors our global audience: we are a diverse team of people from over 40 different countries that get together everyday – and we’d love for you to join us. Do you have what it takes?
Rebtel is looking for a Java Automation Test Engineer
- Are you passionate about changing the world?
- Love to celebrate success together with a truly diverse team of 90 people with more than 40 different nationalities?
- Are you looking for that rare combination: the spirit and excitement of a start up with an already existing and continuously growing business?
- Are you keen on taking an incredible journey as we move our on-premises solution into a 100% cloud-based one?
We are looking for an experienced backend test engineer who wishes to spend his/her time with Java automation test code, to implement and maintain full end to end regression testing on a 24/7 system that delivers 1M+ calls per day and 50K+ electronic payments per day.
We are looking for someone who has great Java coding skills with experience testing REST APIs and WCF services, and knowledge of tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus or Cucumber.
Knowledge and experience in managing cloud features in either Azure, GCP or AWS is a big plus. We will specifically value experience with Kubernetes or Kubernetes managed services such as AKS, automation of cloud environment with Terraforma and creation of custom VM images, along with experience setting up network policies and routing rules in cloud setups.
Expected tasks and deliverables:
- Develop Java code around the existing architecture/framework, delivering robust automation testing for our REST API and WCF services
- Develop Java based testing procedures to run from a cloud based environment, and develop and evolve internal testing procedures including load testing
- Contribute to our innovation path, by taking the journey of moving our backend system into a fully cloud-based solution, leveraging different Windows Azure, Azure AKS and/or GCP/AWS components
- Identify the cause of problems, document, and collaborate with backend Development engineers to get the right solutions in place
- Strong Java development experience for automationtesting, with knowledge of some of these tools: Jenkins, Cucumber, TeamCity, Octopus
- Strong experience testing multi-million daily transaction systems, that run 24/7 and cannot have any downtime
- Experience with Azure-based development and testing
- Experience in load testing
Education and work experience:
- University degree with minimum 5 years experience in IT
- Fluent in English