ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to sit within our development team at our offices based in Vilnius.
We’ve hired some of the most talented engineers and designers that the world of tech has to offer, and we’re keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in.
What you'll be doing
•The work will focus mostly on greenfield development and improvement of existing systems.
• Projects will include building mobile APIs, developing micro services to evolve our architecture, and perfecting a number of systems that our business depend on, like risk management, fraud detection, payment processing for example.
• Our technology stack is based predominantly on Java 11 on the backend.
• There is an opportunity to introduce Kotlin for new components.
• We have a minimalist approach to using external frameworks, with emphasis on maintainability and fast turnaround with TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Fluency with Java or Kotlin
• 5 years (or above) experience in back-end development
• Bachelors Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar
• Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
• Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Flexible working hours
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Excellent training and guidance from our team
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription