ABOUT THE TEAM
The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting remit to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an independent and result-oriented Global Head of Tax who will report to the CFO. Ideally, you will have experience working in the Tax function of a bank. You will ensure the Tax function at Revolut is structured such that it allows the company to continue to grow in a fast but controlled manner. Leading of the Tax team you will provide vision and ideas, and will tackle any problem that may arise as well as have the ability to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
What you'll be doing
• Ensuring the effective operation of the tax function across all locations
• Identifying ongoing and emerging tax risks, mitigating where possible
• Managing the overall effective tax rate / loss of the group
• Provide / manage provision of accurate tax advice to key stakeholders
• Implement appropriate control frameworks and policies
• Ensure compliance with all regulations and filing requirements
• Building relationships with appropriate tax authorities
• Manage and develop the current tax team, including recruitment, setting goals and managing individual and team performance
• Build relationships with the various functional business heads, overseas offices, tax offices and professional advisory firms to ensure a cohesive approach to managing tax issues
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• Qualified tax professional / lawyer, at least 10 years senior experience
• Extensive technical knowledge of corporate, payroll, indirect and international tax
• Strong analytical skills and a ‘hands on’ attitude
• Strong people management skills and experience
• Experience within a fast growing organisation
• Financial services experience strongly desired, preferably with international aspects
• Highly motivated, focussed on delivery
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year