THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of customer experience here at The Hut Group, shipping to consumers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Distribution Centres.
Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to recruit a Senior Planning Analyst (Warehouse & Transport Scheduling) to support the daily planning of operations and collection of outbound shipments from our main Distribution Centre. Your primary focus will be to ensure that enough resource is available to process the predicted volume of work in support departments and that orders are collected by couriers in a timely and efficient fashion to meet the expectations of our customers. You will report to the Operations Planning Manager and work with several teams within the warehouse as well as with external freight carriers and forwarders to deliver a reliable 24/7 service. Due to THG’s on-going global expansion you will have the opportunity to progress into a strategic planning role involving 3rd Party Logistics and multiple Distribution Centres across Europe, Asia, and North America.
You will be based at our Distribution Centre in Warrington.
- Work with operations Planning Analysts to manage the strategic and ad-hoc collection planning schedule, ensuring that an optimal level of trailer capacity is available from each courier to deliver the forecast number of shipments without delay.
- Plan support functions within the warehouse which will involve managing the volume of work and allocation of resource.
- Monitor the key parameters and performance indicators such as daily volume throughput, carrier split, trailer fill, and operator efficiency.
- Provide performance feedback to the carriers and look at ways to improve the quality of service to THG customers.
- Deliver daily reports to the senior team including updates on KPIs and any operational issues that affect the quality of service.
- Work with Sortation and support departments to ensure that deadlines are met and any issues resolved swiftly and efficiently.
- Identify and implement improvements to the existing planning and operational processes within these departments.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Experience in planning/scheduling, ideally within a logistics environment.
- Ability to use Excel for planning, analysis and reporting purposes (experience in working with databases will be an advantage).
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
- Capable of solving strategic and ad-hoc problems in a target driven environment.
- Capable of redefining processes and bringing new ideas to life.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety regulations.
- Decisive and proactive.