The Hut Group aims to be the World’s leading Online Health & Beauty Destination. We are currently the UK’s leading multi-website online retailer with rapidly growing global operations and a unique proprietary technology platform. With over 16 million customers worldwide and 400 million visits to our sites annually, we understand the importance of reliable technology and a data-driven expertise.
Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including: Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
UK2 @ THG
Backed by global giants KKR and Blackrock, The Hut Group’s acquisition of UK2 was a strategic opportunity to develop the existing proprietary technology platform behind our health and beauty brands. It also enhances the server infrastructure, programmatic development and platform security.
As veterans in the hosting industry, UK2 Group have been providing internet services on a global scale for over 15 years, pioneering the mass adoption of many breakthrough technologies. With experience which spans two decades, we have seen the online landscape alter beyond recognition, and have adapted our service offering in accordance with the rapid developments in hardware capabilities, data transfer speeds and global business demands.
Core Technical Skills Required:
The role is datacentre based with hands on work, dealing with hardware in a datacentre environment. The successful applicant will be providing support directly to customers and internal departments via email, ticketing system and phone calls. Additional roles will involve planning and carrying out website migrations and provisioning new servers. The ideal candidate will have a technical background and great people skills to assist our needs. Our ideal candidate will meet many of the requirements below, although we can provide training for the right candidate with suitable attitude and aptitude.
- Microsoft Windows
- Linux - CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu/Fedora
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- An understanding of DNS
- Working knowledge of internet services and software including:
- Mail Servers, Web Servers, DNS Servers, SQL Servers, Firewall configuration
- Working knowledge of commonly used web hosting control panels (Webmin, Cpanel, Plesk)
- Experience of remote administration of servers using SSH/VNC/Remote Desktop
Core Competencies Requirements:
- Strong service orientation
- Excellent time keeping
- Provide sound 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support
- Ability to analyze existing systems to identify weaknesses and inefficiencies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of internet concepts
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Good attention to detail
- Willing to travel to other sites across Europe and US to carry out deployments