Labster Group is a young growth company with entities in Denmark, the US, United Kingdom and Switzerland. In the coming years we will be building and strengthening our internal processes and external reporting. To support our growth we are looking for a hands-on resource in finance and business controlling.
Through our series B fundraising we have secured capital to expand our reach globally over the coming years. In order to support this growth Labster is currently outsourcing accounting in all of our entities but retaining all management accounting, therefore all reporting and controlling is in-house.
As a Finance Controller, you will be part of an inspiring team, supporting Labster financial operations and leading all financial controlling. You will be working closely with the Head of Finance and Operations who holds full accountability of Legal, Finance, Accounting and HR. You should be prepared to work in an entrepreneurial culture where we all are part of defining and impacting processes, structures and strategy as well as being deep into day-to-day operations.
- Leading the preparation of the internal and external reporting to department leads and investors.
- Preparing the monthly cost reporting.
- Preparing monthly consolidated accounts across Labster’s 4 business units.
- Leading the annual reporting process with external accountants.
- Controlling all external bookkeeping and finance processes.
- Leading the quarterly forecasting process.
- Msc or Bsc in Accounting / Management Accounting / Finance or similar.
- Minimum 2 years experience in accounting or management accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements and reports.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-/year-end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills (familiarity with Xero and Google tools is a plus)
- Highly organized, self-driven a keen eye for detail.
- You have impeccable work ethics and high integrity.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong work relationships.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills - fluent English is a must.
Why should you join us?
- This is an exciting role that allows you great autonomy to put your mark on Labster.
- You will have an opportunity to fully test your own capabilities and drive Labster’s financial controlling from A to Z.
- Opportunity to join an international team (we are now 15+ nationalities!) and work in a highly productive and supportive environment for a company with the real purpose.
- You will work from our amazing offices located in Central Copenhagen (we are a part Rainmaking Loft ecosystem).
- We offer flexible working hours and work from home.
- You will receive company warrants as a part of remuneration.
At Labster we are dedicated to empowering the next generation of scientists to change the world . Our goal is to develop fully interactive software that makes learning both engaging and effective, and to make it accessible to as many students as possible (see short trailer here
). We are partnering with major publishers and other EdTech companies such as Pearson and Google.
We believe in flexible work hours and a good work-life balance, and while we love to achieve great things via concentrated work, it’s incredibly important for us to have happy and engaged team members across all of our locations: the US, the UK, Denmark, Switzerland, and Indonesia.