We’re changing the way people enjoy wine, and consequently disrupting one of the oldest industries on the planet. By harnessing the power of technology and social behavior, we’ve created the world’s largest - and smartest - wine community and marketplace. Over the next ten years, the global market for online wine sales is expected to grow significantly and Vivino will be at the forefront of this growth. Now is the time to join a fast paced and growing team.
Based in Shanghai and reporting to the VP of Asia Pacific, the Head of Marketing, China is responsible for crafting and executing the marketing and user acquisition strategy of Vivino in China. We have ambitious goals to grow our community and the Head of Marketing China will be a driving force to achieve this.
- Grow our user-base and social media followers by:
- Identifying and selecting appropriate agencies
- Manage budget across digital channels
- Work with influencers, publications and other media channels to spread the message about Vivino
- Build a small but effective team
- 1-2 direct reports – within content creation, partnerships, media, or what is deemed necessary
- Manage the day-to-day
- The Head of Marketing will be the most senior person in China, and report to the VP of Asia Pacific (who is based in Hong Kong) – he/she will be responsible for daily operations of the office
Qualifications and Skills
- In-depth experience within social media strategies (ideally having executed campaigns operationally themselves before) – experience within WeChat, Weibo, Red (Xiao Hong Shu) preferred
- Growth hacking mindset – think beyond just ‘paid media’
- Experience within APP or e-commerce companies – familiar with user acquisition strategies for these kind of companies
- Native Chinese speaker, fluent in English
- Self-motivated and independently working
- Experience with managing an external agency – negotiating, writing briefs, etc.
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS TO DISCOVER AND BUY THE RIGHT WINE EVERY TIME
Vivino is the world's largest online wine marketplace and most downloaded wine app, powered by a community of millions of wine lovers. Vivino’s unique wine shopping experience leverages community data to suggest personalized wine recommendations for each individual user. In addition to making wine discovery fun and effortless, Vivino is the best place for wine drinkers to buy wine. The Vivino app is available for download on Android and Apple devices.
We are a fast paced, growing team with offices in San Francisco, California and Copenhagen, Denmark. We also have teams around the world in: the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland and Hong Kong.
Our team is passionate about our core purpose - to empower people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. We do that every day by building technology and leveraging data that puts the power back in the hands of the consumer. We do not see wine as a commodity, but as an offering of a cultural experience that was once out of reach for many, but is now open to everyone.
Vivino’s Five Core Values Are:
- Always Strive for Better
- Work Together
- Earn and Offer Trust
- Be Approachable
- Lead with Data
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Vivino is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.