We’re in a high-growth stage of our mission here at ComplyAdvantage - to rid the world of financial crime. We’re now adding a PR and Communications Manager (who will report to the VP Marketing) to lead on our company PR and communication efforts, both in the US and abroad.
Every day we look to solve highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering, and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web-based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
We are a Fintech50 startup, and we're ventured backed by two of the world’s best VC firms - Index Ventures and Balderton Capital. We’re quickly scaling the business globally into international markets. To achieve this, we are significantly growing our team and we need the best people on board to help us.
The team values that we at ComplyAdvantage subscribe to include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace kaizen
- Go the extra mile - we succeed as a team, and share our achievements and failures
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win
- Inclusion - be respectful, friendly and include others in decision making
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and management of all global PR, comms (internal and external) Working with content and social media team through to execution, telling the story of our brand.
- Develop and implement PR/comms strategy that positions ComplyAdvantage as a global brand leader in the market.
- Identify and manage external PR and other agencies and freelancers as needed.
- Develop executive profiles and a steady drumbeat of proactive and reactive news to keep ComplyAdvantage top of mind.
- Land speaking engagements and award wins.
- Run global research projects leading to thought leadership pieces.
- Develop, support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach.
- Develop engaging speaker pitches that win us slots on stage at industry and partner events, as well as developing the on-stage content for presentations.
- Media training for key spokespeople globally.
- Develop global POVs - both strategic and reactive.
- Managing regular PR and comms reporting to demonstrate ROI for our PR and thought leadership activities.
- Manage analyst relations
- Work closely with leaders and executives to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities through internal communications.
- Manage company response for crisis and emerging issues, working across ComplyAdvantage to respond quickly and effectively and acting as spokesperson.
- Stay on top of industry news and ensure ComplyAdvantage has a voice on relevant and topical issues.
- At least 5 years of directly related B2B or B2C PR and communications experience either in-house or for an agency in the United States preferably in New York
- An ideas generator with a nose for a good story.
- Strong collaborator and adept at stakeholder management.
- Proven ability to develop content that captures the attention of clients and press
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong social skills required to manage our engagement and relationships within the company as well as with media, associations and PR agencies.
- Experience in working with a regional and global communications team.
- Excellent communication, presentation and awareness skills.
- Creative ability, and the energy and enthusiasm to promote initiatives.
- Solid B2B event experience (landing speaker slots and developing creative on-stage presentation concepts.
- Consistent track record in delivering global top-tier media hits and thought leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of the US fintech, banking, regtech market
- Experience pitching, planning, and working with journalists in the New York market, preferably target publications like WSJ, NYTimes, Forbes, etc.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup
What does success look like?
- In 3 months you will already be making waves in the industry and be positioning Comply Advantage as a leader in the Fintech world.
- Worked with the VP of Marketing and Marketing team to create an integrated PR and Comms plan
- You will have made good industry and press contacts and be creating opportunities with the relevant publications.
- You will have developed a global strategy for crisis comms.