Appear Here is the leading marketplace for short-term retail space, working with everyone from industry-leading brands to exciting start-ups. Our mission is to create a world where anyone with an idea can find space to make it happen. We’ve raised over $20m in funding to date - from tier one investors Balderton and Octopus, as well as some of the world’s largest landlords. Named one of Wired Magazine's ‘100 Hottest Start-Ups’ and The Financial Times’ most ‘Disruptive Companies’, Appear Here has become the go-to destination to make innovative and creative retail ideas happen across London, Paris and New York. We believe we’re building a game changer for both the retail and property industries, and so far 100,000+ brands and thousands of landlords agree with us.
As a part of our Product team, you will be a key part of continuously improving our existing applications, and bringing new features to life. You’ll be helping to build the best experiences for our brands, landlords and in-house concierge team. You’ll be driving us towards the right solutions and passionate in solving challenges with creative solutions.
Specifically, as a Data Engineer you’ll help bring data to every aspect of the business. Data is at the core of every decision at Appear Here. It’ll be your responsibility to make sure everyone has easy access to all the information they need in ways that are accessible and ready to use. That’ll mean maintaining and improving the technical infrastructure as well as working across all areas of the company to understand what we need to move forward even faster.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure to make data visible throughout the company, delivering business critical metrics and reporting as we grow internationally
- Update the data infrastructure to add new metrics
- Implement ETL pipelines for data sources not supported by Stitch
- Performance tuning of our Redshift data warehouse and complex SQL queries
- Advocate for an analytic and data driven perspective across the company by providing ad hoc analytics and experimentation support
- Run analysis on various experiments and tests throughout the company and report results to the wider business
- Create Looker dashboards for various stakeholders across the business
- Find creative approaches to big problems, setting up data at Appear Here not just for today but for tomorrow as well
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
- Work alongside the data science team - you’ll have the opportunity to get involved with machine learning at scale for things like recommendation engines and intelligent CRM
Our stack - Amazon Redshift data warehouse with Stitch used for ETL in its simplest form and ETL pipelines in Python for the other bits and bobs orchestrated by Jenkins.
WHY WE LIKE YOU
We’re looking for a mid level candidate who has:
- 2+ years experience building data solutions in a product environment
- Strong SQL skills. Seriously. SQL-ninja level skills.
- Familiarity with BI reporting tools like Looker or Tableau as well as managed ETL tools such as Stitch Data
- Monitored experiments and built solutions to easily display results to the business, as they happen
- Experience with data modeling and database structures
- Built and maintained various forms of data warehouse using technologies like Redshift, PostgreSQL etc.
- You have opinions and want to do the right thing; we want you to own the product, and care about the direction it evolves
- Experience collaborating and communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
A good understanding of any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience with R or Python
- Machine learning data pipelining and infrastructure
- AWS services
WHY YOU LIKE US
- We make ideas happen. Work with some of the most inspiring and innovative brands out there.
- We’re no bullshit. You won’t find office politics or excuses here – we say it how it is.
- We punch above. We give you the opportunity to achieve more than you thought you could.