Founded in 2013, what started as a mobile vertical farm in an old 1955 Airstream trailer has now grown to a team of 220 infarmers. Just like our plants, our team comes from all corners of the globe: Tel Aviv, Seoul, Paris, Lisbon, and Taipei to name but a few. infarm is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.
At infarm, we believe not only in growing plants but in growing people. Horticulturalists work next to industrial engineers and biologists collaborate with chefs. Prepare to be challenged to look beyond your field for a possible solution - every team member brings their own point of view and knowledge to the table. We believe this is our greatest asset. At infarm we bring together a passionate group of individuals and unite them under a common cause: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
As General Manager you directly contribute to the success of infarm's Farming-as-a-Service business model. You will lead the urban farming revolution in Hamburg by making sure that our plants are thriving, our farms are shining, our customers are smiling, and our network is expanding. To do this you will build and manage a highly functional team of Infarmers and will lead key projects to improve harvest performance, sales and productivity. You should have the ability to build strong professional relationships, remain flexible, resourceful, and strive for constant improvements.
- Lead the infarm team in Hamburg, consisting of Operations, Plant Production, Logistics, and Customer Success
- Oversee plant production and nursery operations planning, employee scheduling, stock management, customer success, sales, and farm activation, providing your team with the tools and support they need to succeed
- Work closely with the HQ Recruitment team to hire a highly efficient team
- Ensure the success of your team through employee performance reviews and coaching
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment and top-quality products by performing regular health, safety, quality and food safety audits
- Take over the responsibility for the profit & loss statement in your city
- Lead metrics meetings for operational KPI’s and create monthly improvement plans
- Represent the infarm vision in Hamburg and develop relationships with key stakeholders and external partners
- Introduce marketing initiatives to build the infarm brand and community in Hamburg, working closely with the Marketing team at infarm headquarters
- Manage mid-term and long-term projects to improve operational and cost efficiencies
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role in Operations or in a general management role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related
- Experience in leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary teams
- Focus on delivering the best customer experience
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Experience managing budgets and profit and loss
- Experience in Sales, Public Relations or Marketing is an advantage
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Fresh herbs to take home