Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies including Spotify, Red Bull, WeWork, Lyft, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to manage content as part of their modern web stack.
Contentful is growing rapidly, backed by $80 million in funding from VC firms including Benchmark and General Catalyst, and strategic investors including Sapphire Ventures (SAP) and Salesforce Ventures.
We’re a fun team of more than 200 people from 44 nations, with offices in Berlin and San Francisco. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Product Marketing Manager to fuel the adoption of Contentful by global brands and digital enterprises. In this role, you will develop go-to-market strategies, launch marketing initiatives, work with Product on making the roadmap sing, support sales efforts, create collateral, dig into customer and marketing data, and establish a thorough understanding of our customers and competition. You are expected to communicate with confidence and authority, enjoy creative work, operate autonomously, and work across departments and timezones.
- Lead product marketing efforts: help define the overall market narrative, construct target customer profiles, generate customer case studies and other collateral to support marketing and sales initiatives, and guide communication efforts across multiple audiences and channels
- Support the sales team by researching and documenting typical customer use cases and proof points, target buyer profiles, and competitive battle cards and landmines
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to define product communication plans, develop marketing materials, and coordinate high-impact features releases
- Research key market and product data, conduct user interviews to understand key customer segments, their specific needs, and lifecycle stages
- Research the market landscape and collect competitive intelligence to benchmark product capabilities and develop effective product positioning strategy
- Set priorities for the content production backlog, drive changes to the marketing website, and ensure the availability of high-quality product collateral
- A born storyteller. You have excellent communication skills and love nailing the story arc on stage, on calls, in decks, and on the website
- A team builder, and know how to get multiple departments to play well together towards the same end goal
- A production machine. You can build and design your own decks, stage and Photoshop screenshots for the website or screencasts, and aren't afraid to update that case study from two years ago with Illustrator. Yes, Design will come in and make it look amazing if required, but your work can stand on its own when we need to go fast
- A creator, including copywriting, campaign ideas, and working with design and web development teams
- A data sleuth. You can pull data from Salesforce, Google, and Looker, and wrangle it the last mile with a pivot table, to identify important trends about customers and prospects to guide sales and marketing efforts
- Decisive and autonomous; with a globally-distributed team, sometimes you just need to make the call and go for it, when you can’t wait for the sun to rise for other stakeholders
- A self-starter, and can viciously prioritize your backlog, execute fast, and stick to deadlines
- An entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help build, launch -- and market -- minimum viable products (it’s a startup after all!)
- Technically-oriented to the point you understand APIs and developer platforms, and have an aptitude to continue learning about Contentful’s technology
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Marketer, or 5+ years of experience working directly alongside a PMM team in related roles: sales enablement, customer marketing, B2B direct marketing, etc. You have a Product Marketing playbook to share..
- A successful track record of supporting an enterprise sales team with collateral (decks, one pagers, battle cards, etc.), training, and individual deal support. When a rep needs the big guns, they call you
- Experience using, building, marketing, or selling (1) Developer Platforms or (2) MarTech tools. You can help our customers understand how to use Contentful to increase their development velocity and its impact on revenue and cost reductions, or (2) increasing conversion rates and driving ROI
- Experience working for a fast-growing, venture-funded B2B SaaS software company. This isn’t the first time you’ve built a plane while it’s flying
- A (near) native level of English, as we sell a majority of our software in North America
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!