We’re a team driven by the belief that we can radically change the world of work. We believe – and hear from our customers every day – that when an organisation understands itself better it can create more fulfilling jobs, and grow in ways never before imagined.
Enterprises big and small trust our products to provide visibility and clarity in areas once characterised by hearsay and uncertainty. With the insights delivered by Peakon, these organisations become more agile, responsive, and able to make the changes and investments that their employees care about most.
We’re in the business of creating great places to work, so it should be no surprise that this is our highest priority at Peakon. With ambitions as big as ours, we see individual growth and development as the key strategy for growing our business.
Trust and transparency guide everything we do here. You’ll find an open salary model, unlimited vacation, minimal hierarchy, and maximum freedom to develop and execute your own ideas. Our style of collaboration is based on honesty and friendship, and we always love making new friends!
With a rapidly increasing number of large-scale customers, we are determined to enable more and better ways to integrate Peakon with third-party systems like HRISs and BI tools. This effort will allow new customers to faster and more easily start using Peakon within their organization, use the platform continuously with minimal manual overhead, and enhance existing workflows with engagement data from Peakon.
Therefore, we are looking for an Integration Engineer to lead our efforts in three main areas:
- Development of new, custom API integrations with third-party SaaS platforms, e.g. HRIS systems or BI tools
- Continuous development and support of our SCIM 2.0 compatible API for user provisioning
- Continuous development and support of our Engagement API and other public APIs
You will work closely with our Integration Consultant and Technical Sales team to understand customer requirements, writing down specifications, as well as interacting directly with customers’ technical representatives to provide high-quality APIs and great developer experience.
Who you are
You are an engineer at heart, who loves to tinker and build things. You stay up to date on the latest technology trends and are able to evaluate the feasibility of new technologies for the problem you are trying to solve.
You are passionate about API design and open standards, with extensive experience using a variety of APIs across the web. You are familiar with best practices around API design, data processing and common technologies such as REST, GraphQL, OAuth 2, JSON, XML, etc. You have experience in technical support or interacting directly with platform customers in other ways, able to identify and break down requirements easily.
You are looking for an opportunity to grow your career within a highly skilled engineering team in a fast-growing company.
Our ideal candidate has...
- A few years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience developing server-side applications using Node.js and Express
- Experience integrating public APIs and connecting SaaS platforms
- Detail-oriented, focusing on writing a maintainable code of high quality
- A product mindset - enjoys experimenting to find innovative solutions to customer challenges
- Believes in and practices automated testing at all levels
- Values developer productivity, and relies on continuous integration and automation to iterate faster
- Is a team player who strives to better not only themselves but also everyone around them
- Experience mentoring and giving constructive feedback to junior engineers on their work
We welcome your application even if you do not meet all of the criteria listed above, but are excited about the challenge of mastering this role. We know that skills are not static and growth is continuous, so we are excited to help you take your career to the next level at Peakon.
We make it a priority to stay on the cutting edge of tech. We are highly motivated by learning and growing in our roles, and constantly evolving is a key part of that.
We rely heavily on automated testing on all levels of the application, with thousands of tests checking every commit to our code base. We use CircleCI for hosted continuous integration to make sure our most recent changes are always available to test, and we deploy code to our production environment on a daily basis.