Cryptocurrencies are rapidly changing the financial landscape, and the Luno team is at the forefront of this revolution. If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is the opportunity for you.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital, the Naspers Group.
- We have over 250 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos, and Jakarta. We currently have over 2.5 million customers in 40 countries.
What you need
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Agile principles, practices, and theory. (Not specific to Scrum, Luno practices agile but not SCRUM specifically.)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of a ticketing tool such as JIRA a must (We use Phabricator which is similar)
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- Basic knowledge of and passion for digital currencies like Bitcoin
More in-depth info of what you’ll do:
- Guide 2-3 build team pods on how to use Agile practices and values to delight customers.
- Removing impediments or guiding the pods to remove impediments by finding the right solution.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work, including inter-competency task coordination.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example.
- Ticket management (Phabricator) - Backlog grooming, managing standups etc.
- Release Train Coordination - release notes, alignment with the Engineering Manager around timelines.
- Ensuring at all times that initiatives and priorities align with the organisational objectives and key results (OKRs) in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, languages, continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You'll need to hold the legal right to work in the UK already as we cannot provide visa sponsorship
Be part of the change! 🚀