We are looking for Software Engineers (Backend) to join our Engineering team in Cape Town.
What we do:
We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, offering three core products:
- Luno Wallet: Cryptocurrency conversion, storage and consumer payments
- Luno Exchange: Professional cryptocurrency trading platform
- Luno Enterprise: Open API’s, institutional investors, merchant integration
- You’ll be part of a team of skilled and passionate people on a serious mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system!
- We are series B funded, raised over $13m in funding since launch, and backed by the Naspers Group, Digital Currency Group, Venturra Capital, Balderton Capital, and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings.
- Our customer base spans 40 countries and is currently spread across three continents - Europe, Southeast Asia and Africa.
- Committed to workplace diversity, we now has over 250 employees with 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female with offices in London, Singapore, Cape Town, Kuala Lumpur, Lagos and Jakarta.
The role in a nutshell:
You will work on solving many complicated and interesting problems, depending on your ability and interests, you will:
- Be responsible for the smooth operation of our production systems, with oversight being provided by our business systems monitoring tools such as Grafana and Prometheus (prior knowledge of these tools advantageous)
- Interface with our operations teams ensuring that incidents are handled within the service level agreement and long running problems being trended in terms of overall impact to the customer.
- Produce / Maintain / Present reports on key metrics that drive the team.
What you need:
- The right person will have a track record of L2 support (Configuration Management, Business Systems Monitoring, Incident Management)
- Strong customer focus and bias for action; and ability to work with remote teams.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for enabling Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Solid knowledge of a ticketing tool such as JIRA a must (We use Phabricator which is similar)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Grafana, Prometheus or CloudWatch important.
- Basic knowledge of development technologies an advantage (Swift, Kotlin, Java Script, Go)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services and its various tools/products such as redshift
- Be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- Basic knowledge of and passion for digital currencies like Bitcoin
Be part of the change! 🚀