We're building a team to help us succeed in our mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system. We're building a new team of web developers in our London team who will help our marketing, content, growth and SEO teams develop a suite of tools that will help them connect with our customers. We have a great team of 65 highly motivated software engineers who you’ll work collaboratively with, constantly learning new technologies and skills.
As a fast-growing company with offices around the world, you’ll immediately see how your contributions directly impact both our internal users and client experience.
We use Angular (we've just upgraded to Angular 6), TypeScript and Go as our back end language (we'll help you learn this) but if you come from a React or Vue background and are eager to learn, our engineering on-boarding program will help you develop your skills.
How we work
Our teams are split into pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of our product. Your pod will include a product owner, back end engineers, Android and iOS developers, and web developers who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you are all contributing towards. We're agile, use continuous integration and continuous delivery, deploying to production every single day.
What you'll do
- You'll join a pod and contribute to their mission.
- You'll build and improve our exchange and wallet web apps which are accessed by 2.5m customers from across the globe.
- We'll support you to master our web stack; Go, Angular 6, and TypeScript.
- You'll share your experience to help mentor your teammates.
What’s in it for you
We're providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we'll work together to scale a global business.
- You'll learn new skills, languages, continuously develop and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
- We'll take care of lunch Monday - Thursday, and organise regular social events for team bonding.
Your first 90 days
You will start by flying to Cape Town for two weeks to learn our processes, meet the wider team and start our engineering onboarding program. After getting comfortable with the basics, you'll start learning our idiomatic patterns in a safe, easy-to-follow way. You'll get to practice how we do design docs, code reviews, deployments, events, logging and monitoring.
After completing our Toy Services onboarding program, you'll begin your journey contributing to your pod's success. You'll help plan the next quarter's OKRs and will begin delivering features from our product roadmap. We succeed as a team, so we will provide you with regular feedback from your manager and peers and will encourage you to do the same.
As an experienced web engineer, you’ll have:
Building a new financial system for the world requires a special breed of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. “Moontality” represents the ten core principles that underpin everything we do, setting us apart from the rest.
- A passion for blockchain and cryptocurrencies (this is a new industry so we’ll help you learn about how the blockchain works and the technicals).
- Strong CSS (we use LESS) and HTML5 experience, and experience working with designers
- Experience with user experience, journeys and A/B testing
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all of the boxes. They’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that excellent software engineers have diverse backgrounds.
Luno is committed to workplace diversity. We have over 250 employees from 26 different nationalities, 40% of whom are female. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You'll need to hold the legal right to work in the UK already as we cannot provide visa sponsorship.