The UX and Design teams sits within Nutmeg’s Product team. You will join a small team of passionate, creative people who are motivated to build the gold-standard of simplicity in investing using the latest technology. We have backgrounds in product & software development, design, research and consulting and love a good debate about what is best for a customer's long term financial health, whether to use an emdash or hyphen, whether the green has just the right amount of saturation and if the transition should be 200ms or 400ms.
Our work is driven by learning first-hand from our customers, a curiosity to push boundaries, an eye towards applying behavioural finance and a natural tendency to run experiments and explore data.
What are we looking for?
Nutmeg is a company with high ambitions and we want to put in place a Design team that can keep up with our growth. We are looking for a talented UX designer who brings solid experience building and designing web and mobile applications to join our growing team and take ownership of live and pipeline projects, working with product, engineering, and other key stakeholders.
Specifically we’re looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated experience building web and mobile projects
- Demonstrated experience working with or creating design systems
- Demonstrated experience across the UX discipline — from ethnographic research and rapid prototyping to usability testing and engineering collaboration for production builds
- Mobile app design experience
- Preferably experience using modern UX design tools such as Sketch and Invision, remote user testing, etc
- A talent for making the complex, simple
- Great teamwork skills and approachable and friendly manner
- Fresh perspective and creative ideas
- Good time management skills
- A self-starting drive who thrives with a good degree of ownership and autonomy
This role involves close, daily collaboration with engineers and product managers. You will also work regularly with our Investment, Operations, Engineering, Corporate and Customer Support teams.
Nutmeg’s UX is a differentiator and we always strive to keep ourselves apart from others and in tune with our customers. You will be looked upon as an expert who can help Nutmeg stay ahead of the game and be a recognised design leader in the marketplace.
Our UX and Design team is small and you will be needed to pitch in on all aspects of Nutmeg’s product. Working with all departments will provide you with fantastic insight into all aspects of the business and countless opportunities to share and develop your skills and knowledge.
We'll look to you to work closely as a UX team to:
- Collaborate closely with the product and engineering team on new product launches, optimisation, designing new tools, UI and UX on desktop and mobile
- Incorporate user research into everything we do, and involve the wider team
- Build and evolve our nascent design system to support Nutmeg’s rapidly growing design, product, and engineering teams
- Ownership to manage stakeholders to design and launch changes quickly to our web and mobile apps
- Engage in conceiving and implementing test and learn cycles to optimise conversion and customer satisfaction
- Work within a very flat organisational structure giving you the opportunity to work closely with the management team and all areas of the business on key projects
- Support the UX and design needs of Nutmeg as the team and projects increases by ensuring we have the capabilities to match our ambitions
- Degree in Product/UX/UI Design or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience throughout the UX discipline — from research to implementation
Inside the Nutmeg shell
We’re a diverse team of fun, genuine, smart people with a common mission to shake up financial services and change the way people manage their money in an intelligent easy way.
A fintech leader located in Vauxhall, London, we work in a modern, open plan office. We use cutting edge technologies and development tools like Mesos and Docker. We brainstorm and work with whiteboards and post-its and collaborate across the entire business to do our jobs – awesomely. We’d say we’re similar to a typical tech company: casual, flexible, agile, flat-structured and fast-paced. All while making sure we maintain professional (FCA-regulated) standards in everything we do.
We’re passionate and motivated and take pride in providing a great experience for our customers and empowering generations of investors. We want like-minded people to join us. As a Nutmegger, you’ll be part of a tightknit, hard-working, innovative team at the top of their game, facing new challenges every day.
We champion our Nutmeggers by providing opportunities for growth, always listening to their ideas and treating everyone equally. We reward our people with great benefits, learning & development and career advancement opportunities, share options and competitive salaries.
We’re building a global billion-pound business and we want people who match our ambition, honesty and integrity. We’re obsessed with customer satisfaction and we strive to deliver services that improve people’s lives. We want people who want to make a difference. Does this sound like your kind of place?