ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the driving force behind Revolut’s platform. From building a new banking backend to creating an award-winning app, our tech team is at the heart of everything we do.
Working in Technology at Revolut is not about fixing legacy systems – it is about building world-class financial products from the ground up that will be used by millions. We’ve hired some of the most talented developers out there to help us do this – and we want you to join them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Security Engineer to sit within our Information Security team at our London office.
We’re building one of the best Information Security teams to make Revolut the safest place to keep your money - and that’s where you come in. We need highly technical and detail-oriented people to help build out the Information Security function - so you need to be interested in all areas of information security and be willing to switch communication between technical and non-technical audiences.
The strongest candidates will be able to demonstrate their passion with bug bounty findings, community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on their interests and research.
What you'll be doing:
- Performing source code reviews across Revolut’s projects.
- Performing web and mobile application security testing.
- Working with the product teams in designing secure features by following principles of secure architecture and threat modeling.
- Educating the developers to understand key security concepts, identified security issues and proposing mitigation techniques to help make Revolut secure.
- Thinking of and implementing new ways to automate and improve security across the business.
- Assisting in building and maintaining the Security Champion team.
- Reporting security status and events to management.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- At least 4 years of experience in the information security field
- Experience performing security testing, e.g. code review and/or web application security testing
- Experience with Java, Swift, Python, Scala
- Understanding of the technology stack
- An ability to automate and script your work, e.g. python, bash scripts
- You love solving problems
- Helping others makes you happy
- You can explain complex things very easily
- You notice the small things
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year