ABOUT THE TEAM
The finance team is the backbone of Revolut’s business. The department has grown from its initial internal accounting remit to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications from various key strategic decisions and growth opportunities.
When you join the finance team you get the opportunity to interact with all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking license application process, the next you are running analysis for a new product launch, and the next you are working on an executive summary of Revolut’s performance for the board of directors.
ABOUT THE ROLE
When you join Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
What you'll be doing:
• Management of quarterly VAT returns
• EC Sales and Intrastat returns
• Monitoring import VAT recovery
• Taking lead on the MTD project
• Advising business units on VAT queries
• Maintaining relationships with advisers
• Monitoring legislative changes
• Working with overseas advisors as part of our global expansion plans
• Working with external advisors to implement the Partial Exemption Special Methods regime and the Capital goods scheme
• Researching advanced international indirect tax issues - working with tax authorities and outside advisers as necessary
• Assist with developing and evaluating planning opportunities providing benefit to the group
• Assists with implementation of agreed-upon indirect tax strategies and projects
• Providing proactive and pragmatic indirect tax advice and support to the business; indirect tax input on new initiatives; business line expansion and strategic plans
• Providing input into transfer pricing policy and processes to ensure indirect tax impacts are identified and managed
• Advising on international indirect tax compliance obligations supporting indirect tax audits (if necessary) and managing the relationship with local tax authorities
• Perform indirect tax risks and process reviews and make recommendations thereon
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
• You are a qualified accountant or tax advisor - ACA, ACCA, CTA, CPA or similar.
• You have financial services experience
• You will have excellent organisation skills and attention to details
• You like to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year