A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
OUR CULTURE 👫
When you join Revolut, it’s not just another job. You’ll have the chance to build something that really matters, with a team that will become like family to you. We’ll give you the freedom and tools to bring your absolute best, and the opportunities will be limitless.
We look for people who apply deep logic to their thinking and back everything up with data. We look for natural self-starters who see things through from start to finish, and who learn from every mistake.
Armed to the teeth with technology, we are diving deeper into the world of traditional banking, showing a lost generation that things can be done better. Things can be different. From tearing down financial borders to mending the broken trust, we are the disruption that is needed.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Trading to join our team in Japan. Reporting directly to the Revolut group Head of Trading and CEO (Japan), the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all trading activities of Revolut in Japan. Ideally you have:
• Fluency in Japanese
• Current Japan licenses
• Excellent academic and industry credentials.
• +7 years of experience at a Japan broker-dealer.
• Deep understanding of broker dealer operations.
• Excellent analytical and organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
• Build and lead the operations and business development teams to launch the Revolut Trading Business in Japan
• Working with the engineering and product resources to launch innovative trading products in Japan
• Overseeing general operations and personnel management and training
• Managing filings with state and federal agencies, as well as self-regulatory organisations
• Supervision of trading or market making activities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR 📖
• Besides strong analytical skills, being process driven and have a methodological way of working, you need to have excellent communication skills (concise and direct) and experience of influencing a broad range of decision makers and stakeholders
• Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in the Japan regulatory environment
• Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
• Enthusiasm for taking on new responsibilities, even if outside areas of expertise
• Able to learn new regulations quickly.
• Able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment, collaboratively, and autonomously
• Willingness and ability to travel
THE BENEFITS 🎁
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Paid dinners if you work late