ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Head of Legal to advise on our Brazil launch and operations and advise on a variety of legal and regulatory matters. This role will be based in Sao Paul, work with the Operations Lead (Brazil) and report to the General Counsel in Revolut’s London headquarters.
What you will be doing:
• Building out our global legal department to facilitate the development of our financial services group
• Implementing appropriate systems and processes to ensure compliance with legislation and regulation
• Creating scalable processes for handling and organising legal functions around the globe
• Overseeing our local heads of legal and serving as the group’s lead counsel
• Providing professional, strategic and legal advice to the board of directors and board committees
• Consulting on legal risks (including any corporate, litigation, outsourcing, IP, employment and capital risks) with current and future product offerings across jurisdictions
• Training and developing our legal teams' knowledge base and that of other functions within the group
• Generating and maintaining precedent agreements, contract management systems and other IT solutions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• Strong legal experience and expertise in corporate, regulatory, IP and IT matters with a focus on Financial Services (Retail Banking experience preferred) and Technology
• Excellent analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate professional legal and business judgment
• Outstanding organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple projects across multiple jurisdictions
• Identifying key issues and legal risks and providing a structure and analytical response with a commercial lens
• Extensive experience and proven track record in hiring and scaling a legal teams
• Ability to thrive when working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
• Outstanding communication, drafting and presentation skills
• Start-up experience
• Qualified lawyer with 10+ years post-qualification experience with the majority spent in financial services and/or technology
• Excellent academic and legal credentials
• In-house experience at a senior management level
• Hold a current practising certificate
• Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week