Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced growing health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, medical disciplines and mathematical modeling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Today SOPHiA’s technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 850 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated to provide equal benefits to all patients.
The position is open in the Tertiary analysis team, based in our headquarters in Bidart or Bordeaux. The team is transversal working across the three business lines of: Genomics, Radiomics and Clinical Trials. On numerous projects central to the company such as: Alamut, SOPHiA DDM - OncoPortal and the TrialMatch.
· Conception, Research and development of the backend products.
· Scientific and technical management of our extensive bioinformatics databases.
· Tertiary analysis team is transversal team involved in four business lines: Alamut, Hereditary diseases, Oncology and TrialMatch. Thus, the candidate would work extensively on one of multiple projects, needing to document all activities and report developments in these projects to team leader, colleagues and project managers on a weekly basis.
· PhD in a scientific field would be advantageous or a Masters with several years of experience.
· Competence in a widely used bioinformatics programming language, Python, R and SQL would be an advantage.
· Database experience in mysql and or postgres
· Linux bash scripting experience.
· Knowledge of Genetics and Molecular Biology. Experience in a clinical setting would be an advantage.
· Knowledge of variant annotation software and or concepts would be advantageous.
· Excellent communication skills, including experience in communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms.
· Production and client oriented
· English (the business language) is mandatory, French is a plus.
Position is based in Bidart.