ABOUT THE TEAM
The legal department sits at the heart of Revolut and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on Revolut’s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for Revolut’s ongoing development and growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel to specialise in data protection within our London office. The position will involve implementing and monitoring our global approach to data protection, in particular advising on and drafting data protection policies and procedures, GDPR compliance and mitigating risk in relation to potential data breaches.
What you'll be doing:
• Implementing and monitoring the policies and procedures for all things data protection including: drafting GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 compliant data protection policies, building out processes involving subject access requests, preparing legitimate interest assessments and implementing data breach reporting policies and procedures.
• Taking the lead on the completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments and other privacy risk assessments to assess the impact of proposed changes to business processes and agree appropriate mitigating actions with Product Owners.
• Working closely with global Regulatory Compliance Managers and legal counsel to ensure these policies and procedures are followed globally.
• Where required, providing advice on the management and resolution of incidents involving personal data, including advising on decisions as to whether to notify regulatory authorities.
• Auditing Revolut’s current data protection policies and procedures and developing effective mitigation actions and controls.
• Liaising with key internal (e.g. Legal and Risk) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
• At least 2.5 years PQE gained within private practice/in-house.
• Ideally England & Wales qualified.
• Experience of working for finance, technology or FinTech sector clients.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We believe that there are better ways for people to control their money. Easier, fairer ways.
Revolut started in 2015 with fee-free card transactions abroad. We’ve since added current accounts, business accounts, savings, insurance, and even cryptocurrency trading.
We reached 4 million customers in February 2019 and we’re adding another million every quarter.
And we’re only just getting started.
Come and help Revolut build the world’s first truly global bank.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
From employee 1 to employee 1000, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems.
You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’.
You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding.
And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money.
• Competitive salary
• Biannual equity bonuses
• All the latest tech you need
• Skip the commute and work from home once a week
• Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
• Pension plan
• Private health insurance
• Don’t panic about cooking: get free dinners with Deliveroo
• Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
• Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
• Rest up with 29 days’ holiday per year