Drive our growth and shape our future.
GoCardless are on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they are best at.
We are focused on recurring payments; our vision is to be the best way to collect these payments, globally.
Already, we’ve built a global network of bank debit schemes that - with the addition of ACH - will cover ~75% of the world’s recurring payment volumes. On top of this network we’ve built a simple, developer-friendly platform that enables the >40,000 merchants whom we serve to collect payments around the world. Already, we process ~$1B in payment volume every month and this number is growing fast. Last year we opened offices in Paris, Munich and Melbourne, with more to follow in Spain and the US in 2019.
Our HQ is in London and to date we have raised $122M in capital from some of the world’s leading investors, including Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Balderton Capital and Y Combinator.
Reporting to the GM of International Expansion, you will lead a growing team of AEs based in our London HQ. These AEs are the first Sales hires for each market and are responsible for winning our first customers as we look to identify product-market fit and scale quickly.
In this role you will:
- Lead a growing team of (4) established Account Executives as we continue on our mission to be the best way for businesses to collect payments, globally.
- Partner with internal departments in order to develop the team’s business plans, insights, process improvement and go-to-market strategy for each new market that we target
- Develop an Account Plan for strategic accounts then drive the execution of that plan to success.
- Manage complex sales negotiations.
- Follow a structured deal qualification process (we use MEDDICC).
- Develop and help steer strategic initiatives where required and ensure that they are delivered effectively to the team.
- Lead and manage projects within and across the sales teams.
- Help define and implement the global sales organisation, taking active ownership of parts of it.
- Drive operational improvements for the team, including optimising resource allocation, measuring progress against goals and facilitating management discussions and decisions.
- Experience in Technology/SaaS Sales or equivalent management experience in a complimentary company offering a value add offering.
- Experienced in launching businesses in new markets
- Adept at managing sometimes lengthy sales cycles, maintaining a focus on keeping these deals on track.
- Demonstrate strong experience in operational cadence, forecasting, mentoring and performance management.
- Distinctive problem-solving and project management skills, including experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Data driven approach to sales forecasting, reporting and decision making.
- Strong commercial acumen and demonstrated ability to successfully navigate and influence within a complex business environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, consistent track record of building positive relationships with senior stakeholders.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity – if you’re unsure, please apply