At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We’re looking for a CRM lead to join our CRM team in London Victoria.
Working closely with the Head of Marketing, you will strategically lead and manage the planning and execution of all carwow’s promotional CRM campaigns, as well as all of our transactional email journeys.
A truly dual role, the right person will have strong functional skills coupled with a creative/ strategic eye; being as comfortable explaining deliverability to an all-staff meeting as they are at setting a newsletter content strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Leading the strategic development and implementation of the CRM consumer journey - both in marketing and automated emails:
- Manage the CRM team in the development, implementation and execution of marketing and automated email campaigns (Conversion cycle / Early life cycle / Reactivation cycle) - planning, brief creation, back and forth interaction with main stakeholders, creation of emails, creation of all segmentation, analysis and optimisation
- Work with the Head of Marketing to ensure CRM comms align with other marketing channels and product updates
- Lead review and optimisation– triggering, copy and design - of all existing promotional and transactional communication
- Oversee CRM campaigns analysis, reporting and presenting performance metrics to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead conversations with other parts of the business to do with partner campaigns and requests, especially on how these can be optimised and scheduled efficiently
- Lead conversations with international CRM teams to exchange knowledge and apply best practices across all territories (UK, Germany and Spain)
- Oversee relationships with ESP and other third party partners
- Proactively look for innovative areas of improvement across all elements of CRM consumer journey
- Be the voice of CRM best practice within the business and how it should apply to carwow
Working with other teams
Building strong cross-functional relationships across all business areas is essential in delivering successful marketing and automated emails. The CRM Lead will use their influencing and negotiating skills to create powerful working relationships with team members across Data / Trading / Product and Design.
The CRM Lead manages the CRM Manager and oversees the management of the Marketing (shared responsibility between CRM Manager and Head of B2B Marketing)
The CRM Manager will have the following competencies and attributes:
- Hands-on knowledge of database mining, list segmentation, contact targeting
- Working knowledge of Iterable or similar ESP
- Previous experience with long cycle CRM programmes
- Be technically and analytically led with a creative eye
- Used to setting and selling strategy to senior stakeholders
- Strong ability to layer creative thinking over functional / data led strategy and optimisation
- Experience working within the confines of legal / compliance regulations
- Deep desire to make things better by creating marketing that appeals to our target audience/s. Experience driving change internally within a business using customer insight/data.
- Have a “full funnel” mindset - be as obsessed with conversion metrics as clicks and open rates
- Working knowledge of email deliverability best practices
- Be a self-starter who likes to use their own initiative and takes ownership for their own projects
- A “do-er” who isn’t afraid to get stuck in
- Experience working in marketing in a high growth, start-up/scale-up setting
- Hugely passionate about people and making our business customer-centric throughout the experience
- Ability to write and craft compelling copy
- Outstanding written and spoken English
- Builds relationships easily and effortlessly
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- International experience - German and Spanish would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience with app push notifications a plus, but not required
- Have a general interest in cars and the auto market, but it’s not a requirement, there’s actually very few car geeks at carwow.