At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the second biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We’re looking for a full-time Sub-editor to join our editorial team in London Victoria. You will be part of a 13-strong team producing content for carwow’s website, social and youtube channels.
As a Sub-editor, you will take control of our sub-editing process across all our editorial channels. Reporting to the website editor, you will ensure our editorial is accurate, consistent and easy for car buyers to understand.
On a day to day basis you will sub-edit car reviews, news stories and video scripts. You will help prepare engine and specification material ahead of video shoots as well as write updates to existing car reviews and blog posts. You will also have the opportunity to write news and advice articles and you may occasionally be asked to attend product launches on behalf of carwow, but please note this is primarily an office-based role.
- Sub-edit car reviews, scripts, news and blog content
- Checking facts and stats, grammar and style
- Manage the sub-editing process, ensuring editorial is ready for publishing on schedule
- Coaching team on good copy to ensure high standards are maintained
- Developing carwow style guide and ensure its use throughout the team
- Help prepare carwow review packs ahead of video shoots
- Occasionally write news or advice content
- Updating existing editorial to maximise performance in search
- Demonstrable experience of sub-editing, preferably in an automotive or tech title
- Ability to rewrite copy quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail while remaining calm under pressure
Ideally, you will also have some of the following:
- Demonstrable experience of Wordpress or similar application
- Photoshop skills
- Thorough understanding of optimising content for search
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).