At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a hugely complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them. We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
With a natural curiosity and an appetite for data, you'll be responsible for successfully growing your own portfolio of brands on carwow. Initially supported by the other members of the Trading team, you'll also works with multiple business areas, including marketing, data and product, to optimise your brands’ performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Understanding and optimising brand performance
- Maintaining up to date understanding and documentation of terms of business / margin structure, and using this information appropriately to drive sales
- Detailed understanding and documentation of manufacturer activity, including opportunities, threats and change vs previous quarter, and using this information to drive sales
- Managing carwow pricing structure per brand/model/derivative and working with dealerships and Customer Service team to ensure accuracy
- Working with the broader team to manage short-term marketing campaigns (on-site and via CRM) to deliver incremental sales, and ensuring campaign / content accuracy
- Conducting deep-dive research into brand-specific challenges, using internal and external data sources to create compelling business cases for changes to carwow product/marketing strategy.
- Managing the model lifecycle from launch to sunset, working with internal teams to ensure consistency and pricing coverage
Working with other business areas
In order to deliver exceptional brand performance, you are expected to build strong cross-functional working relationships, meeting with other business areas on a daily basis to deliver both tactical and long-term strategic work.
- Marketing: working with PPC, CRM, content and video teams to ensure correct lead volumes are generated, within the CPA for that brand and model.
- Product: recommending trading-related changes, illustrated by clear business cases
- Partnership management: monitoring brand success by dealership group / dealership and feeding back performance insights / recommendations, for example: stock coverage, stock pricing, factory order pricing, enquirer handling
- Partnership management: providing 'ready to go' up-to-date content / fact-packs for dealership/group meetings without notice
- Partnership management: providing bespoke analyses for high-priority dealership groups / prospects and attending high-priority dealership meetings as subject-matter expert to effect positive change in that dealership/group's performance (you will be supported by other Trading team members to begin with)
Targeting and reporting
- Proposing brand sales targets by month and by quarter, in partnership with their fellow Trading Analysts and Managers
- Maintaining readily available reporting on brand performance, up to date for the entire business to use
- Tracking and reporting on brand performance and deliverables across multiple business areas and delivering this performance reporting to senior stakeholders
While taking responsibility for a number of brands is at the heart of the Trading Analyst role, each Trading Analyst is also a go-to subject-matter expert in one or more areas, within the Trading team. Examples are wide-reaching and include: performance marketing, CRM, stock and used cars, etc
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and an annual ski trip
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).