At carwow, we’re aiming to create the best car-buying experience in the world. Buying a car is normally the 2nd biggest financial decision people face (after buying a house), and it’s a complex one. There are many issues people face throughout the process, and we aim to fix them.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 200+ based in London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better, so if you’re curious, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
carwow are looking for a talented User Researcher to help source and analyse data about our customers and potential customers as well as providing insight into user behaviour and psychology. You’ll be joining our Design team and reporting directly to our Head of Design. Day-to-day you’ll be working alongside Product Designers and Managers leading and analysing User Research. From conducting User Testing in our very own in-house lab to reviewing brand and NPS trackers – learning about how to voice the problems of the user.
The ideal candidate
2+ years experience working in e-commerce. Be able to show at least 3 case studies that show a measured approach in User Research displaying appropriate research methods. Demonstrating why a particular method has been used and be able to articulate insight on user behaviour to inform potential user issues and recommend how we might develop and build the right features for the user.
What you’ll be doing
- Planning, designing and preparing a wide range of research activities in support of the product teams .
- Recruiting participants, preparing discussion guides, designing test tasks and moderating research sessions.
- Helping to build the teams research capability by instilling research as part of our culture.
- Presenting and articulating ideas to a variety of business stakeholders as well as product teams.
- Working closely with product teams to understand the requirements of a project, including user stories, business requirements and user acceptance criteria.
- Effectively communicating user research findings to the team and the wider organisation, so that they share a strong and empathetic understanding of their users.
- Working closely with product managers, designers, developers to help turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product features.
- Championing the importance of good research throughout the organisation.
- Ability to learn and employ a variety of research methodologies including focus groups, usability testing, user journey analysis and mapping, multivariate testing,
- A collaborative working style, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well in small group settings as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal - a storyteller and who can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Display a strong comprehension of the strengths and limitations of the different research methods, inclusive of when and how to apply each in product/market/consumer analysis.
- Be proficient at creating engaging content for presentations.
- Must display a genuine passion for product-centric innovation; must have a keen and exceptional attention to detail; and more importantly, an ability to identify root recommendations inspired by the consumers’ needs and behaviors.
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Regular lunch & learn sessions with a wide range of external, inspiring speakers
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces - let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).