What’s the role all about?
Cleo's an AI assistant that helps over 1,000,000 people in the UK, US and Canada feel better about their money.
She is a fun and engaging personality that talks to you like a real person to help; track spending, set budgeting goals, auto saving money, helping avoid overdraft charges and a whole lot more. We are a fast-growing start-up, backed by the founders of Skype, Transferwise and Zoopla.
Watch this to dive a little deeper
In the past year we’ve scaled the team from 6 to 35, launched in North America, closed a $10m Series A led by Balderton Capital, and scaled to over 1,000,000 users. We’re building a world-leading team as we grow, driving us toward 10 million users over the coming 12-18 months. You’ll take the lead in driving our forward-thinking, engaged and ambitious team forward, globally
This role involves securing regular press coverage for Cleo across consumer, tech and business outlets in digital, print and broadcast that tells the Cleo story - a money management friend who’s straight talking and supports you and your IRL needs
Some of the things you'll get involved with:
- Support the Head of Brand in PR agency management to deliver great talkable moments relevant to what is being talked about today.
- Directly manage and secure digital, print, and broadcast coverage to build brand awareness across the UK.
- Build and manage stunt campaigns to drive stories and talkability around Cleo.
- Maintain calendar of planned stories, spanning businesses, tech and consumer outlets.
- Create and maintain media lists to target reporters for each story.
- Write media alerts, press releases and pitches to share with reporters and journalists.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key contacts through tastemaker events.
- Collaborate with all members of the Marketing team to develop key messaging for stories, creative concepts for stunts and activities and capture media attention.
- Report on secured coverage and reach for each story.
- Manage tastemaker events, working closely with the influencer team to build memorable brand stories.
What are we looking for? Someone with...
- 3-4 years at a PR agency or in-house covering consumer tech start up clients/ online millennial/ Gen Z brands.
- Existing relationships with reporters at relevant organisations for Cleo in the US.
- Familiarity with clipping services and contact databases (i.e. MuckRack, Cision, TV Eyes).
- Excellent writing skills.
- A firm grasp on the Cleo voice and identity.
- A clear understanding of US culture and the media landscape.
- A knack for creating unique story angles.
- Flexibility and an adaptable working style - an ability to learn quickly and multi task. We will also flex around where the best candidate is based - either US or UK primarily.
How long will all this take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Quick phone call with a member of our team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Short take-home test
- Onsite interview
- Discuss your take home test and portfolio with the team
- Meet the leadership team
What do you get for all your hard work?
Cleo is an excellent place to work:
- An above market compensation package (Base + Equity). We're prepared to pay for the very best
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world. We recently closed a really successful Series A with Balderton who join a formidable investor base including the people behind Skype, Transferwise, Zoopla, Lovefilm, Climate corporation, SongKick and others
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback
- We're an equal opportunity employer and put a lot of focus on ensuring there is an open environment for everyone