Depop is the shopping community where the world’s creatives come to buy, sell, discover and explore the most inspiring and unique items. We’re on a mission to build our platform into one of the most vibrant, inspiring and creative communities in the world.
Our HQ is based in London and we have spaces in Manchester, Milan, NYC and LA. As our community continues to grow, we’re on the hunt for a Senior iOS Engineer eager to produce the most evocative buying and selling experience.
Right now, we’re on the hunt for an iOS Engineer to join us in our Manchester office to help achieve our mission: transforming the way Depop connects with creative minds, by constantly delivering great user experiences on their Apple devices.
To reach this goal we keep investing on our technology, as well as the software architecture, and we achieve this through 3 core principles:
- We believe Swift is a great choice for writing robust and elegant code, but we also look for other functional languages which can inspires us.
- We believe applying solid architecture principles makes a huge difference when it comes to designing our features, supporting many engineers working on the same codebase.
- We believe in automation and we apply this in many parts of our release pipeline, giving us more time to work on features whilst celebrating a new version of our app every two weeks.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Craft the best user experience for buying and selling, including easy payment method, and real-time chat ability.
- Work closely with designers and product managers to develop the best experience possible for our users.
- Propose new technologies when they would advance the platform.
- Invest time in remaining current with iOS engineering developments.
- Maintain a healthy curiosity toward other apps on the App Store. Inspiration is good!
- Optimise the performance of the app.
- Ensure our localization effort supports introduction to new countries.
- Be passionate about making Depop the most fun way to buy and sell.
- Inventive mind with a healthy sprinkling of BSc and PhD in CS, Maths, or Physics.
- 3+ years of Objective-C and Xcode experience, with real exposure to iOS 6 through to iOS 9.
- Experience using Swift in a production iOS app.
- Have had responsibility for shipping at least one well regarded iOS application.
- Strong experience in consuming a RESTful API.
- Experience producing apps featuring a fast, consistent, and non-blocking user experience.
- Able to exercise great judgement on when to craft your own frameworks, as opposed to employing those from the community.
- Experience automating testing of an iOS app and automating the build and release process for iOS apps.
- Image manipulation, with special consideration toward image filtering through OpenGL
- HTML/CSS comfort (should we have a need to go beyond native UI)
Now we're talking. We have stylish offices near Old Street (we were founded in Italy after all) and a relaxed atmosphere where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and friendly team. There are perks of course, to name a few we have 25 days holiday, options to buy/sell more, the regular snacks and drinks, parties and team nights out, yoga, meditation, UK pension scheme, beer and wine in the fridge (or sparkling water and celery if that's more your thing), special stuff on birthdays and life events and more. But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.