Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion marketplace where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 150 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Strategic Partnerships Manager who will help Depop growth through partnering with like-minded brands and companies. You will be owning the overall strategy as well as the whole cycle for partnership deals for Depop.
- Owns the entries cycle for Strategic Partnerships with brands to grow Depop reach and user base - from defining the right partners, outreaching to them, establishing strong relationship to managing the ongoing partnership
- Based on data-driven approach, develops a pipeline of potential partners, manages the outreach, defines the elements of the collaboration and executes on it
- Builds a compelling concept, fitted to Depop and partner’s needs to establish a true win-win
- Defines the commercial terms of the relationship to unlock the mutual value for Depop and the partner, comfortably negotiating at senior management level
- Works closely with creative / PR / product teams etc. to define detailed solution (e.g., campaign, collaboration, content partnership etc.)
- Project manages and drives Partnership performance to achieve desired goals for both parties
- Defines concrete KPIs, success and health metrics, sets up tracking and reporting on progress
- Generally supports marketing calendar and execution on marketing campaigns across channels (digital, social, IRL)
- Analytically strong with a good understanding of brand values and strategy
- Strong negotiator with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent organization skills in managing projects
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and self-directed person with hunger to grow and achieve ambitious goals
- Commercial mindset, with an understanding of what drives the desired outcome while furthering the core brand values
- Act as brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/brands for future opportunities
- Core knowledge of excel / word / ppt
- 5+ years relevant experience, ideally in business development of strategic partnership roles
- Ideal candidate has experience working for a consumer tech startup
- Ability to work as part of a growing entrepreneurial team and take the lead on projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business/commercial mindset and structured thinking
- Understanding of ‘new’ forms of marketing (partnerships, social media, influencer marketing, user generated content distribution etc.) to help amplify the partnerships
- Experience working with small teams and big activations and projects
- A natural connector and confident communicator
- A love for fashion, design and all things creative
- A “no job is too small” attitude and team player
Now we're talking. We have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and social team. There are perks of course. We have 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell more, US healthcare options, healthy snacks in the kitchen, team nights out and more.
But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.