Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion marketplace where over 14M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, spaces in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 150 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re looking for, well, an amazing Recruiter, to help us grow our New York office. We’re a team of 12 looking to expand to 25, and need some part-time support from an experienced recruiter who knows the NYC talent landscape, can headhunt the best available talent in the market and support our hiring managers to run effective hiring processes. We’re open to short or longer-term engagements and could use support anywhere from 2 days per week to 4 days per week depending on how we fit around your other projects.
- 360 recruitment supporting Hiring Managers to recruit exceptional talent across commercial, operational and creative roles from junior to executive level
- Managing end to end hiring processes from spec writing to the offer process ensuring efficiency and quality communication at all stages
- Headhunting for the best available talent using LinkedIn and social scraping tools, as well as exploring innovative approaches to attracting talent to our business
- Be in constant contact with potential talent, developing your network and representing the Depop brand and experience through exceptional communication and charm
- Work closely with the People team based in London to ensure consistency, fairness, great candidate experience, and the best possible talent for the business
- Working closely with the local team to ensure smooth on-boarding and support the development of our local employer brand
- Proven track-record in recruitment, with ideally a mix of agency and in-house experience
- Comfortable with boolean searching using an array of hiring sources, channels and techniques
- High IQ and EQ - you’ll be stepping into a company full of bright and driven people, you’ll need to be able to build relationships but challenge thinking to improve results
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous about the details, you’re able to capture all relevant information and keep managers constantly informed of progress
- Exceptional written and verbal English - inviting, compelling, influential, thoughtful, articulate
- Comfortable juggling competing priorities (with 5 to 15 open roles at any one time) whilst seeking to refine processes and add value to your customer
- You care about results, but quality first - you’re comfortable running between interviews and handling multiple screening calls, but you never drop the bar for quality
Now we're talking. We have a relaxed and collaborative environment where you'll get to work with a well-funded, passionate and social team.
But the biggest perk of all is the opportunity to work with such a vibrant group of people building a product we all deeply care about.