Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast, in both headcount and revenue, and we’re looking for a Junior Legal Counsel to join our Legal team, work with our in-house legal counsel and provide assistance in the daily legal operations. More specifically:
What will you do:
- Assist the legal counsel in negotiating and drafting all types of customer agreements as well as negotiating and drafting all types of vendor and alliance agreements.
- Establish and maintain scalable contracting processes and templates.
- Provide assistance with other corporate initiatives as required (e.g., litigation, employment matters, trademarks).
- Participate in developing company policies on legal issues.
- Being involved in data privacy regulations, including assuring on-going compliance with applicable data privacy laws.
- Conduct research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks.
- Support legal counsel in liaising with sales and partnership/alliances, internal stakeholders and outside counsel.
- BSc in Law or International Law
- 2-3 years’ minimum international experience evaluating and negotiating legal/commercial terms relevant to SaaS contracts, (e.g., subscription terms, intellectual property matters, limitation of liability, privacy and security).
- Ability to document complex contractual arrangements with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a positive, proactive and collaborative manner
- Excellent English.
Note that this job involves communicating and drafting in English for an international audience. If your written and oral skills in English are less than excellent, there is no point in applying for this position.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Health insurance plan
- Free lunch, healthy food, snacks and beverages
- Apple gear, and access to the best productivity and training tools
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.