We are looking for a highly capable Head of People who will shape the future direction of the People function and lead the People Team to deliver all People initiatives and day-to-day operations across UK, Kyiv and New York. You will act as an inhouse coach to provide strategic direction, advice, and guidance across multiple People areas such as recruitment, performance management, retention, ER, and compliance and provide operational support as required. Reporting into the Leadership Team.
What you will be doing
- Partnering and Strategy: work with the Leadership Team to shape the future direction of our People offering. Provide guidance and support to managers of people to help them lead high performing, happy teams.
- Culture: Be an ambassador, both internally and externally, for our Smart, Kind Maker culture and ensure we stay true to our values as we grow.
- Engagement and Data: Provide simple, insightful People reporting that informs us about trends in attrition and engagement to ensure we are delivering the very best environment to retain and inspire our makers.
- L&D: Champion a culture of learning by helping us identify the training needs for our makers and recommending appropriate training interventions.
- Talent Management: Devise a fit-for-purpose recruitment process and provide tools and sound counsel to help our managers bring stellar talent into our business.
- Team Leadership: lead the People Manager and Employee Engagement Lead in the UK, and the People Manager and People Associate in Kyiv, to ensure the successful delivery of the People strategy.
- People Ops: oversee the smooth running of all People processes and systems across the employee lifecycle in our UK and international offices.
- ER: Provide guidance to team members and managers of people, ensuring best practice is followed so we always act legally, fairly and kindly in all employee relations activities.
- Projects: Identify and deliver new initiatives that attract, grow and retain our talent.
Who you are
- You have spent 6+ years as a HR generalist with solid strategic or leadership experience and worked in a technology and start-up environment.
- You have strong academics in a people-related discipline and a thirst for the progressive people thinking and enlightened people practices.
- You have a solid working knowledge of UK employment law, ideally CIPD qualified and with a good level of understanding of US employment law.
- You are seen as the credible expert with a good dose of common sense, and people trust you.
- You have superb communication skills which enable you to build strong relationships with people at all levels including senior stakeholders.
- You bring creative and simple solutions to different problems that might arise, and you’re resilient through times of challenges or ambiguity.
- You’re an exemplary leader who inspires others. Coaching and giving honest feedback to people at all levels comes naturally to you.
- You are a doer who rolls your sleeves up and get things done.
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience
- Options over shares, pension plan, private healthcare and cash plan
- 25 holiday days pro rata and a day off for your birthday
- Breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks and an in-house barista
- Inspiring, motivated and supportive team
- Plenty of opportunity to learn and grow your craft
- Dog-friendly office environment
- Central London location in an amazing co-working space with plenty of space for collaboration, yoga and social events.
At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.