At LoveCrafts we’re building online communities for crafters: homes for makers where they can find inspiration for their latest projects, learn new techniques, easily source all their supplies and share their creations with like-minded makers around the world.
Since launching in 2012, we’ve grown incredibly quickly. Our membership in the prestigious Future Fifty and 20th place on the FT’s list of fastest growing European companies is thanks to the hard work of our team of smart, kind makers based in London, Kyiv and in the USA. We’ve been fuelled by investment from Europe’s leading venture capital firms; Balderton Capital (LoveFilm, The Hut) funded our Series A round, followed by Highland Europe (Photobox, WeTransfer) and most recently Scottish Equity Partners (SkyScanner, Matches Fashion).
We’re playing with the very best in web, mobile, social, commerce and media technology as we create the perfect digital business for all things craft related. Our team is filled with ambitious, curious, entrepreneurial and occasionally kooky makers. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment.
About the opportunity
We opened our office in Kyiv in the summer of 2016 and we are looking forward to growing our team here. We’re not just building a community for crafters, we’re building a community for ourselves and as the People (HR) Manager in Kyiv, you will play a key part in overseeing all people-related activities and drive the growth and development of the LoveCrafts community in Ukraine all, in line with our Smart, Kind, Maker values.
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be the bridge between the office in London and in Kyiv (supporting communication between the offices by supervising various projects aimed at strengthening our “wholeness”)
- Building and evolving our employer brand presence in Ukraine - from our website to our social media channels as well as embedding yourself and the LoveCrafts profile in specific talent communities
- Growing and evolving our talent pipeline by building relationships with institutes of higher education, leveraging internal resources and networks, positioning our opportunities and our unique culture in the right places and maintaining a strategy and approach for pro-active, non-agency hiring.
- Share ownership of our talent acquisition process and the candidate experience, ensuring this is clearly aligned to our culture and our business goals; and that hiring outcomes support our growth plans but most importantly our values
- Working with the People Associate in Kyiv and the Head of People in London to ensure hiring supports our succession planning and diversity goals as well as our organisation design and growth plans.
- Training and coaching hiring Managers on best practice interview skills, behaviour and performance-based assessment and acting as custodian of the hiring process and its outcomes
- Proactively assisting the Head of People in London with People focused projects that may arise, these will predominantly be within the talent lifecycle
- Oversee and redesign our on-boarding process, both pre-hire and initial post-hire experience - liaising with Managers for best in class new starter experience covering communication, introductions, tools, and initial development planning.
- Managing all local HR practices (benefit implementation, 360 review, levelling upkeep, salary benchmarking and etc)
- Managing L&D process in Kyiv and together with the Head of People help team members grow and realize their potential by constantly improving our L&D initiatives
- Oversee activities related to the physical office environment (monitor office expenses, suggesting and overseeing implementation of improvements in the office based on employee feedback)
- We’re looking for someone who is passionate about people. You’ll be commercial, comfortable in a high growth environment and adept at managing change. You will also be:
- Kind - one of our most important hiring criteria. You will need to demonstrate that you work effectively in teams, can leave your ego at the door, and will collaborate effectively with your peers.
- A mentor and coach – we will be building a bright and ambitious team and key to success in the role will be developing them as we grow
- A great communicator – both externally and internally. You need to be able to empathise with our team and engage and inspire the business from Kyiv to London
- An influencer – the ability to manage stakeholders and different perspectives
- Creative – we are Makers at heart so you have to be comfortable building from scratch and contributing as we build our product, team and culture. Your ability to find non-standard solutions to problematic situations will be hugely valued here
You’ll need to have the following:
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, strong analytical skills
- Experience of working as an HR manager
- Business management or experience running own business would be a plus
- Experience of managing the talent acquisition process of tech/ engineering specialists as well as other specialists end to end
- Evidence of creating a process from scratch and coaching/influencing internal hiring managers
- Demonstrable and quantifiable examples of how you’ve managed change and lead talent-related initiatives to great success
- A natural people person with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good grasp of changes and developments in employee regulations in Ukraine
- Ability to develop, analyze and interpret various business documents (agreements, etc.)
- Upper-Intermediate English is a must, you’ll be speaking with and writing to our team in London as well as regular interaction with our team and candidates here
- A degree in higher education - one of our values is Smart: we value educated and curious minds as well as business-smarts.
What We’re Offering
- Competitive salary to reflect your skills and experience plus benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Healthy living allowance support
- English classes
- Monthly team lunches
- Individual learning and development budget
- Smart colleagues and supportive team
- Comfortable office in the centre of Kyiv
- 25 days of paid vacation annually & your birthday day off
Please, send us your CV in English, we will be processing it soon.