We’re changing the way people enjoy wine, and consequently disrupting one of the oldest industries on the planet. By harnessing the power of technology and social behavior, we’ve created the world’s largest - and smartest - wine community and marketplace. Over the next ten years, the global market for online wine sales is expected to grow significantly and Vivino will be at the forefront of this growth. Now is the time to join a fast paced and growing team.
Based in Copenhagen and reporting to the CTO, the backend lead is responsible for the day to day operations of the team, while maintaining our standards of quality and performance, contributing knowledge and experience to the team as well as quality code to our projects.
- Lead a team of software engineers with trust and by example
- Coordinate and communicate the daily tasks of the team with the head of engineering and product managers
- Maintain and improve upon our development processes and conventions.
- Develop the team and its projects
- Program concurrent systems using the Go language
- You have extensive professional experience and are regarded as a great developer
- You have a university degree in Computer Science or related fields or have over 10 years of experience as a software engineer
- You have experience in leading a team of developers
- You have experience with and knowledge of the Go programming language
- You have experience with a multitude of databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Key/Value stores etc.) and proficiency in writing performant database queries
- You are familiar with modern software development practises, code reviews, release cycles and testing methodologies
- You are able to read, write and speak English fluently
You are a curious, communicative person who is eager to learn and are ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits. You're not an asshole.
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS TO DISCOVER AND BUY THE RIGHT WINE EVERY TIME
Vivino is the world's largest online wine marketplace and most downloaded wine app, powered by a community of millions of wine lovers. Vivino’s unique wine shopping experience leverages community data to suggest personalized wine recommendations for each individual user. In addition to making wine discovery fun and effortless, Vivino is the best place for wine drinkers to buy wine. The Vivino app is available for download on Android and Apple devices.
We are a fast paced, growing team with offices in San Francisco, California and Copenhagen, Denmark. We also have teams around the world in: the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland and Hong Kong.
Our team is passionate about our core purpose - to empower people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. We do that every day by building technology and leveraging data that puts the power back in the hands of the consumer. We do not see wine as a commodity, but as an offering of a cultural experience that was once out of reach for many, but is now open to everyone.
VIVINO'S FIVE CORE VALUES ARE:
- Always Strive for Better
- Work Together
- Earn and Offer Trust
- Be Approachable
- Lead with Data
VIVINO OFFERS EMPLOYEES OF OUR COPENHAGEN TEAM:
- Awesome work culture with few formal procedures and limits
- A diverse team of many nationalities
- Possibility to visit our San Francisco office
- Friday wine bar with free wine
- Lunch catering
- Pension plan
- Health insurance
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Vivino is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.