We’re changing the way people enjoy wine, and consequently disrupting one of the oldest industries on the planet. By harnessing the power of technology and social behavior, we’ve created the world’s largest - and smartest - wine community and marketplace. Over the next ten years, the global market for online wine sales is expected to grow significantly and Vivino will be at the forefront of this growth. Now is the time to join a fast paced and growing team.
Based in Copenhagen and reporting to the CTO, we are looking for data scientists and data engineers to support our backend engineering and product teams to develop new systems and insights into our data and processes.
- Extract valuable data and automate collection processes
- Preprocess both structured and unstructured data
- Analyze data to discover trends and patterns
- Understand and minimize bias in data usage
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Create solutions and strategies to solve product and process problems
- Build predictive models and solutions using machine-learning algorithms
- Develop tools and processes to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Collaborate with other engineering and product management teams
- You have a university degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or related fields or significant experience as a data scientist or engineer
- You have strong analytical, critical-thinking and problem solving skills
- You have knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts and experience with their application
- You have experience with different databases and query languages (e.g Redshift, SQL)
- You have experience with programming and programming languages (Go, C++)
- You have experience creating advanced machine learning models
- You are familiar with modern data processing tools and languages (Python, R)
- You are able to read, write and speak English fluently
You are a curious, communicative person who is eager to learn and are ready to join a startup with few formal procedures and limits. You're not an asshole.
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS TO DISCOVER AND BUY THE RIGHT WINE EVERY TIME
Vivino is the world's largest online wine marketplace and most downloaded wine app, powered by a community of millions of wine lovers. Vivino’s unique wine shopping experience leverages community data to suggest personalized wine recommendations for each individual user. In addition to making wine discovery fun and effortless, Vivino is the best place for wine drinkers to buy wine. The Vivino app is available for download on Android and Apple devices.
We are a fast paced, growing team with offices in San Francisco, California and Copenhagen, Denmark. We also have teams around the world in: the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland and Hong Kong.
Our team is passionate about our core purpose - to empower people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. We do that every day by building technology and leveraging data that puts the power back in the hands of the consumer. We do not see wine as a commodity, but as an offering of a cultural experience that was once out of reach for many, but is now open to everyone.
VIVINO'S FIVE CORE VALUES ARE:
- Always Strive for Better
- Work Together
- Earn and Offer Trust
- Be Approachable
- Lead with Data
VIVINO OFFERS EMPLOYEES OF OUR COPENHAGEN TEAM:
- Awesome work culture with few formal procedures and limits
- A diverse team of many nationalities
- Possibility to visit our San Francisco office
- Friday wine bar with free wine
- Lunch catering
- Pension plan
- Health insurance
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Vivino is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.