We’re changing the way people enjoy wine, and consequently disrupting one of the oldest industries on the planet. By harnessing the power of technology and social behavior, we’ve created the world’s largest - and smartest - wine community and marketplace. Over the next ten years, the global market for online wine sales is expected to grow significantly and Vivino will be at the forefront of this growth. Now is the time to join a fast paced and growing team.
We are seeking a competitive, motivated individual to join our team as North America Country Manager – Wine, based in San Francisco, reporting the Chief Operating Officer. This leader will bring an established record of performance in the Wine industry and will be responsible for developing the North American business. The ideal candidate knows wine, embraces change, wants to win and is ready to become a key player in an innovative company poised for growth.
Strategy / Sales
- Develop, manage and negotiate procurement of wine via partnerships and direct relationships with wineries, brokers, importers and distributors
- Develop business partnerships with a focus on compliance and regulatory requirements
- Develop, plan, forecast and achieve sales and profit performance targets for U.S. & Canada P&L
- Provide key suppliers with account management support
- Design innovative DTC campaigns and unique wine offerings in order to reach maximum sales goals with a focus on growing and retaining Vivino customers
- Use Vivino data to recognize trends in the industry and find the best and most relevant wines for our users
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to drive strategic change in order to scale the business
Planning / Forecasting / Budgeting
- Prepare detailed annual sales and expense budgets by month
- Review monthly budget vs actuals on a timely basis, identifying opportunities and risks to plan, creating action plans to overcome potential shortfalls
- Monitor sales reporting process, analyze data, plans and forecasts, ensuring timely and accurate information is available for key decision-making
Tools / Systems / Processes
- Continually evaluate tools and processes being used to plan and manage the business to ensure needs for all departments are being met and work is executed efficiently
- Work closely with Finance and licensed partners to ensure needs are being met in order to manage inventory, costs and receivables
- Work closely with Product, Operations, Marketing and Customer Service to ensure seamless customer experience
- Maintain up to date knowledge on international and domestic shipping regulations; train and manage staff to adhere to regulations
- In partnership with Vivino Operations team, continually evaluate DTC shipping partners to ensure optimum cost and service levels
- Facilitate exportation of product with licensed partners to other Vivino entities across the Americas, Europe, and APAC
- Develop strong relationships with all levels of supplier / distributor and account management partners
- Effective communication and collaboration with all Vivino partners and teams
- Foster and develop strong environment oriented around winning as a team
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 10-15 years of experience in the wine industry with demonstrable knowledge of wines, varietals and winemaking process
- Proven experience in managing and growing a premium DTC wine business
- Experience managing and developing high performing sales teams
- Effective communication and team building skills required
- Ability to influence and persuade others in order to manage business effectively
- Proven track record in team performance
- Effective understanding of budgeting creation and management
- Strong analytical and analysis skills required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS TO DISCOVER AND BUY THE RIGHT WINE EVERY TIME
Vivino is the world's largest online wine marketplace and most downloaded wine app, powered by a community of millions of wine lovers. Vivino’s unique wine shopping experience leverages community data to suggest personalized wine recommendations for each individual user. In addition to making wine discovery fun and effortless, Vivino is the best place for wine drinkers to buy wine. The Vivino app is available for download on Android and Apple devices.
We are a fast paced, growing team with offices in San Francisco, California and Copenhagen, Denmark. We also have teams around the world in the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland and Hong Kong.
Our team is passionate about our core purpose - to empower people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. We do that every day by building technology and leveraging data that puts the power back in the hands of the consumer. We do not see wine as a commodity, but as an offering of a cultural experience that was once out of reach for many, but is now open to everyone.
VIVINO'S FIVE CORE VALUES ARE:
- Always Strive for Better
- Work Together
- Earn and Offer Trust
- Be Approachable
- Lead with Data
VIVINO OFFERS MEMBERS OF OUR SAN FRANCISCO TEAM:
- Unlimited paid time off
- 100% medical coverage
- A stocked fridge & catered lunches twice weekly
- Discounts on wine purchases
We also learn about and explore the wonderful world of wine together on a regular basis through tastings and events. A passion for and interest in wine is helpful, but not required.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Vivino is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.