We’re changing the way people enjoy wine, and consequently disrupting one of the oldest industries on the planet. By harnessing the power of technology and social behavior, we’ve created the world’s largest - and smartest - wine community and marketplace. Over the next ten years, the global market for online wine sales is expected to grow significantly and Vivino will be at the forefront of this growth. Now is the time to join a fast paced and growing team.
The Senior Accountant will have a vital role in supporting the evolution of Vivino’s financial structure. Working closely with the CFO, Corporate Controller, and FP&A team, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that the monthly close process is both timely and accurate by supporting an offsite accounting team, reviewing account reconciliations, building new processes, and performing ad-hoc technical accounting reviews.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional financial skills, a great attitude, refined communication skills, a proven ability to be resourceful, an active CPA, and will be eager to dive into data.
The position will report directly to the Corporate Controller and work side-by-side with FP&A and offsite teams. This position is based in San Francisco, while working with the rest of our organization, including our shared service centers based in over 10 countries and growing! Occasional travel to Copenhagen, Denmark and Chandigarh, India. Given the geographical diversity of our operations, a flexible work schedule will be required.
- Deliver accurate financial results in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Reviewing account reconciliations for accuracy and compliance with policies
- Support international accounts receivable teams to improve reporting and collections
- Partner with Global Accounting teams in support of management and financial reporting, as well as statutory reporting requirements
- Reviewing new contracts and agreements for technical accounting issues and document accordingly
- Document and maintain internal accounting policies
- Support the FP&A team in reporting actuals and forecasting known transactions
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value-added enhancements
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to influence decision making with financial perspective
- Support the annual financial statement audit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Sound knowledge of accounting/financial principles and theory
- Understanding of US GAAP with the ability to research and interpret accounting guidance
- Experience with Tax, including provision calculations as well as state & local tax preferred
- Experience with preparation and review of consolidating and consolidated financial statements
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, reflecting prioritization with a sense of urgency
- Proven analytical ability, strong problem-solving skills, and the drive to learn
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- NetSuite, PBCS, and SmartView experience is a plus
- Active CPA required (completion of all part of the exam)
- 4 to 6 years of business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS TO DISCOVER AND BUY THE RIGHT WINE EVERY TIME
Vivino empowers people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. Vivino is the world's largest online wine marketplace and most downloaded wine app, powered by a community of millions. Vivino’s unique wine shopping experience uses community data to suggest personalized wine recommendations, making wine discovery fun, accessible, and effortless for wine drinkers of every level. The Vivino app is available for download on Android and Apple devices.
We are a fast paced, growing team with offices in San Francisco, California and Copenhagen, Denmark. We also have teams around the world including the UK, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Ireland and Hong Kong in addition to shared service centers in the Philippines, India and Portugal.
Our team is passionate about our core purpose - to empower people everywhere to enjoy wine to the fullest. We do that every day by building technology and leveraging data that puts the power back in the hands of the consumer. We do not see wine as a commodity, but as an offering of a cultural experience that was once out of reach for many but is now open to everyone.
VIVINO'S FIVE CORE VALUES ARE:
- Always Strive for Better
- Work Together
- Earn and Offer Trust
- Be Approachable
- Lead with Data
VIVINO OFFERS MEMBERS OF OUR SAN FRANCISCO TEAM:
- Unlimited paid time off
- 100% medical coverage
- A stocked fridge & catered lunches twice weekly
- Discounts on wine purchases
We also learn about and explore the wonderful world of wine together on a regular basis through tastings and events. A passion for and interest in wine is helpful, but not required.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Vivino is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.