Global migration is a 21st-century reality: Whether people are fleeing from something or racing towards better opportunity, finding love or experience new cultures, people are now living side by side in a new way. At Rebtel/Majority, we believe in tearing down borders – from the geographical borders that complicate international communication and borderless banking to the cultural borders that keep people divided. We’re on a mission to build products serving the 2 billion modern internationals of the world. We offer work, communication and banking services for anyone crossed a border:
Our team mirrors our global audience: we are a diverse team of people from over 40 different countries that get together everyday – and we’d love for you to join us. Do you have what it takes?
Majority is looking for a Public Relations Manager
- Are you passionate about changing the world?
- Loves to celebrate success together with a truly diverse team of 90 people with more than 40 different nationalities?
- Are you looking for that rare combination: the spirit and excitement of a start-up with an already existing (>100 MUSD in yearly revenue) and continuously growing business?
Come work for a company whose mission is to empower the people that move across borders to make a better life for themselves. We believe these people are the most ambitious in the world, and they should be celebrated for their hard work and value contribution to the US. Our ambition is to simplify moving beyond border, and we will offer a competitive digital platform that fulfills several of the target groups financial needs.
As a PR Manager with Majority, you'll be at the forefront of positioning the company as a thought leader dedicated to making banking services more available and attractive for minorities that move to the US.
We're looking for a team player who enjoys the best of startup culture: working with a small but highly motivated team, embracing cross collaboration and being a creative problem solver. You'll spend most of your work day on relationship building, developing and pitching to build our position in a global media context, securing interview opportunities and work with external agencies. You will find the right events; pitch speaking opportunities and dedicate time to make sure we can present and pitch relevant and creative cases.
The right person for this role is someone who has worked for a few years but long for a great challenge, hungry to learn, and a go-getter excited to help build an amazing brand from the ground up. You will grow with great responsibilities and become a key player in how we successfully position our company Majority.
- Develop and implement our media positioning strategy with PR agency in New York as well as internal stakeholders
- Take the lead on Media outreach initiatives consisting of but not limited to: original data research (studies, surveys rankings), bylines, tools and infographics
- Create, update and maintain media lists on an ongoing basis
- Make sure we have lasting relationships with key fintech/start-up journalists in the US & globally
- Monitor media queries and submits expert quotes on behalf of Majority
- Coordinate with our in-house experts to set up expert interviews
- Perform media training (video, print, podcast) with our experts, and lending a hand to our experts with compiling talking points and relevant Majority resources prior to interviews
- Research and pitch relevant events and speaking opportunities, and travel together with CEO/senior management team when necessary
- Collaborate heavily with the internal specialist teams when necessary
- Work with online publishers, bloggers, editors, journalists, government agencies and more to earn media placements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in PR, communications, marketing, or related studies, preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with public relations, probably from an agency or other start-up
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in creating relevant earned media outreach
- Ability to multitask while working under various deadlines
- Excellent English, with proven ability to write and evaluate pitches
- You’re a digital native
- Given our target groups profile, we are ideally looking for a person with their own experience of immigration – through history, family or other.
Bonus: Demonstrated experience or interest in fintech/banking
Join us in Stockholm!
- This is an opportunity to join a financially solid, fast-paced and ambitious fintech startup in the Swedish capital Stockholm
- We provide competitive salaries and generous benefits
- We promote a fluid and meritocratic structure that encourages experimentation, collaboration, open communication and challenging work
- Opportunity to work and hang out with bright coworkers from over 40 other countries - who embrace learning and winning together!