We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions. We are building solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
How? By bringing together smart technology, data and people into a single solution. We are building tools that fight financial crime today to prevent a riskier tomorrow.
Every day we look to tackle highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web-based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing our Series B investment round of $30mln led by Index Ventures and tripling our revenue year-on-year, we’re growing fast and are looking for the best people to join us.
Fresh Thinkers - We’re big thinking, boundary breakers, providing innovative solutions not corporate fixes.
Problem Solvers - We’re constantly curious and instinctively clever, always striving to be faster and better.
People People - We’re the human side of risk and compliance, we care about the people behind the screens.
We are looking for an expert engineer to join our Transaction Monitoring team. You’ll have experience developing systems at scale and handling large volumes of data.
- You will be responsible for working with the engineering and product teams to design, implement and support features and components for our transaction monitoring platform.
- You will be responsible in developing various REST framework services handling large volumes of data.
- You will complete refactoring of existing code-base into discrete sub-components services.
- You will work with databases at scale and provide solutions as appropriate
- You will effectively communicate the relevant updates and queries with designers, the product team and other development teams on the project
- You will understand, extend and modify complex logic with many technical dependencies and consequences.
- Depending on your experience, you may also supervise other developers
What does success look like after 3 months?
- You have helped refactor and migrate existing complex application to better defined services and components.
- You have implemented the best practises around software delivery to the team and own Infrastructure needs.
- You have implemented features related to enhanced screening rules, entity resolution, multi-tenant security and other roadmap features.
- You have made several high-quality, tested contributions to the code-base that are in use by clients on production environments
- Depending on your experience, you have supervised one or more other engineers and provided them with the support and coaching for them to grow
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. The ideal candidate will be confident in their ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimisation strategies
- Exposure to designing enterprise grade applications
- Whilst this position will require you to work in Python, previous experience is not required - if you're a strong developer in Java, C++, C# or .NET and are willing to switch languages, then we'd love to hear from you.
- Experience working with and processing data
- Most likely minimum degree-level education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a similar relevant are