THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division:
Lookfantastic is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry. We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever expanding team as we strive to become the Worlds No1 Online.
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, commercial and ambitious Buyer/Category Manager to help us grow our Beauty presence across Australia. As a Beauty Buyer you will incorporate effective management of the Brands you are responsible for, delivering the company strategy, showcasing the brand and product offering to deliver sales and profitability in line with target.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being the brand specialist. Develop, implement and deliver brand plans including range reviews, promotions and pricing ensuring consistency with commercial strategy
- Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary
- Preparing and agreeing annual budget and brand plans alongside the Buying Director
- Full P&L responsibility of allocated brands
- To increase turnover and profit by remaining competitive and innovative in line with competitors
- Taking full responsibility over existing ranges of merchandise, ensuring they are procured efficiently, whilst maximising sales and profitability. Ensuring alignment of the collections and activities of the categories.
- Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers ensuring long term commercial benefit tying in with business strategy
- Project ownership – responsible for owning and driving projects by working cross functionally to improve processes and efficiencies