THG's primary focus is health, beauty, prestige and nutrition related consumer goods. The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.com - The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand.
Operations is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer goods that we then despatch to our customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose built, innovative Manufacturing and Distribution Centres.
Due to expansion, THG is looking to recruit an Electrical Facilities Technician to work within a multi-functional facilities team providing reactive and planned maintenance along with project work across the entire THG portfolio UK wide. This is a mobile position based at our warehouse in Burtonwood, reporting to the Facilities supervisor.
- To be available for attendance out of normal office hours in the event of an emergency or for specific tasks requiring out-of-hours action.
- Work independently to undertake the Planned Maintenance of the Building Engineering Services, to ensure compliance with the specification, PPM, Schedules and Procedures.
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant and install new plant and equipment when required
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for repairs or replacements to ensure compliance with the relevant British Standard.
- Complete administrative tasks related to PPM's
- Computer literate including maintenance systems
- Ensure all health and safety paperwork is in place (and adhered to) for each job / project e.g. method statements, risk assessments
- To liaise with specialist sub-contractors and engineers with other disciplines to ensure the efficient operation of the plant without disruption to the client.
- Work in a proactive manner to comply with our statutory undertaking relevant to BS7671
- Design and execute electrical installations at LV, update schematics and board schedules
- Fixed Wiring testing and remedial work, create and issue certification and document
- Carry out additional responsibilities to support team including HVAC, Mechanical and basic building tasks
- Installation and maintenance of Electronic Security systems such as access control and CCTV.
- Conduct monthly PPM checks on security systems as requested by the Technical Security Manager.
To be considered you should have the following Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience, apprentice trained
- Qualified to City and Guilds electrical installation or equivalent, testing & inspection, 17th/18th Edition
- City and Guilds 2391 inspection and testing qualification
- Experienced in testing and inspecting in commercial premises
- They will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of fault finding and diagnostics on electrical systems and have excellent customer service and team working skills
- Considerable experience on Electrical installations/circuits, single phase and three phase, industrial circuit fault finding preferred, excellent at interpreting circuit diagrams
- Ability for decisions making in pressurised environment, bias for action and think long term